Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
30 days away from H'v'shalom Bankrupcy
1  2  Next

amother

Post Fri, Sep 04 2009, 1:49 pm
A ness is needed please my heart is breaking!!!

Dovid Yosef ben Abraham

amother

Post Fri, Sep 04 2009, 2:07 pm
Forgive me for asking, but is there a reason not to use his mother's name (sometimes things are complicated)?
I went amother because trust me, there are many who are reading this and davening for you who are in the same or similar matzav. May you see yeshuos!

Ruchel

Post Fri, Sep 04 2009, 2:09 pm
Some say the mother's name is only used when sick. My husband learned that way.

amother

Post Fri, Sep 04 2009, 4:17 pm
Ruchel wrote:
Some say the mother's name is only used when sick. My husband learned that way.

I've been on machsom l'fi lists and other tefilla lists for this and other causes and had never seen the father's name. Live and learn. Have a great Shabbos.

Strudel

Post Fri, Sep 04 2009, 4:36 pm
Perhaps he's a ger?

ShakleeMom

Post Fri, Sep 04 2009, 5:08 pm
Strudel wrote:
Perhaps he's a ger?

my first thought.

praying for you.

Ruchel

Post Sat, Sep 05 2009, 3:51 pm
Strudel wrote:
Perhaps he's a ger?

a ger would be ben Sarah or Sarah Imenu...

merelyme

Post Sat, Sep 05 2009, 4:04 pm
He should have a yeshuah bekarov, besoch she'ar Am Yisrael.

shosh

Post Sat, Sep 05 2009, 5:01 pm
Whatever his name is, it all sounds totally horrible! Good luck!

mommalah

Post Sat, Sep 05 2009, 8:43 pm
Bankruptcy is not the end...In the right circumstances, it can be useful for discharging debt and starting anew...Tehillim, really?

amother

Post Sun, Sep 06 2009, 9:35 am
mommalah wrote:
Bankruptcy is not the end...In the right circumstances, it can be useful for discharging debt and starting anew...Tehillim, really?

I assume you mean, Tehillim? Really?!!

Yeah, really.

For many people, with everything, and I do mean everything, they've gone through, it's financial struggles that can lead to shalom bayis issues.
And what point in life are you at? What happens if you have a bunch of kids and have to pull off even the minimum, minimally?

bubby

Post Sun, Sep 06 2009, 9:37 am
I think Tehillim is very appropriate, but what Kapitel fits financial hardship? Baking Challah is also a segullah for parnassah/money. Also, try asking when you bentch licht. G-d listens to all languages.

First Lady

Post Sun, Sep 06 2009, 5:01 pm
mommalah wrote:

Of course Tehillim. I say Tehillim for every little thing. So something as hard and major like bankruptcy certainly calls for Tehillim.
OP wishing you that your Tefillos should be answered!!

Crayon210

Post Sun, Sep 06 2009, 6:12 pm
Ruchel wrote:
Strudel wrote:
Perhaps he's a ger?

a ger would be ben Sarah or Sarah Imenu...

Not always.

greenfire

Post Tue, Sep 08 2009, 1:07 pm
hope you find the answer to your prayers !!!

GAMZu

Post Wed, Sep 09 2009, 1:18 am
Hatzlocha. I will daven for you.

mommalah

Post Wed, Sep 09 2009, 1:28 am
Bankruptcy is a word with such bad connotations but few of you realize that it can be a bracha, depending on which you file and one's particular financial circumstances. If the person is employed but their debts are out of control bankruptcy can be the fresh start they need because debts can be wiped out (not all).

But yes, for a person who is unemployed or unemployable for whatever reason, and there is no roof or food on the table, tehillim is certainly in order.

mommalah

Post Wed, Sep 09 2009, 1:29 am
amother wrote:
mommalah wrote:

I assume you mean, Tehillim? Really?!!

Yeah, really.

For many people, with everything, and I do mean everything, they've gone through, it's financial struggles that can lead to shalom bayis issues.
And what point in life are you at? What happens if you have a bunch of kids and have to pull off even the minimum, minimally?

What does this mean? Can you clarify?

Raizle

Post Wed, Sep 09 2009, 2:04 am
mommalah wrote:
Bankruptcy is a word with such bad connotations but few of you realize that it can be a bracha, depending on which you file and one's particular financial circumstances. If the person is employed but their debts are out of control bankruptcy can be the fresh start they need because debts can be wiped out (not all).

But yes, for a person who is unemployed or unemployable for whatever reason, and there is no roof or food on the table, tehillim is certainly in order.

not everyone is so blase about being able to get out of not paying what you owe people.
It's a very low point of life to be at and not pleasant in the slightest.
You make out like what's the big deal you can just wipe your debts off but what about the people that are left un-paid? can you really be so what's the big deal about them?

Obviously the OP cares and would rather be in a position to be able to pay them back, the bank or anyone else.

And even if a person didn't care about that, being bankcrupt also means your credit is shot and will be shot for a period of time. B"h it's never happened to me but I know someone people it has happened to.
It's by far not a simple matter.

tehillim is very appropriate in this situation!

OP my thoughts are with you.

Mrs Bissli

Post Wed, Sep 09 2009, 6:30 am
OP, if you're in Israel, have you considered contacting Paamonim? They may be able to help people manage personal debt.

Terribly sorry to hear of the situation. My prayers for you.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed