Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Bed Bugs!!!!!

amother

Post Sun, Sep 06 2009, 12:52 am
I think I might have bed bugs, got TONS of bites. I checked my mattress and mattress cover but did not find any black spots.
I tried finding some solutions but everything I get is: Get an exterminator or throw out all mattresses and furniture!!
Well I'm not really ready for it and would like some help of how to go about to get rid of it without the above mentioned methods!
If you cured bed bugs on your own, please share how to get over it!!
Tonight I'm sleeping on the couch to see if I dont get more, I'm upto approx. 30 bites as of now Crying !!!!!!

PLEASE HELP!!!

solo

Post Sun, Sep 06 2009, 1:02 am
uh oh. I think ud better call an exterminator asap.
from what ive heard this wont go away on its own

ROFL

Post Sun, Sep 06 2009, 2:28 am
Google cornell university and bedbugs they have a great website. But you will need an exterminator.

slushiemom

Post Sun, Sep 06 2009, 2:55 am
www.bedbug.com it's a new technology, a cover for mattresses that repels bed bugs.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Sep 06 2009, 5:56 am
See your dermatologist to make sure. If you Do have BB, you need to treat everyone in the house as well as washing beds, etc.

wwmom

Post Sun, Sep 06 2009, 7:04 am
a friend of mine is busy with this problem now. even with an exterminator, she still has this problem now for over 6 months. she had about 10 treatments, threw out every bed, and piece of furniture in her house, and still has them. I'd recommend you to get an exterminator asap, before they multiply out of control. also make sure not to go to anybody's home until they are gone, bec. you might spread it to them. good luck!

flowerpower

Post Sun, Sep 06 2009, 7:09 am
Try washing the room very well and put covers on your mattress and blankets and pillows-full cover with zippers.

pecan

Post Sun, Sep 06 2009, 7:32 am
They hide in picture frames, the frames of the beds and cracks; it's impossible to get rid of them on your own.
You need to wash every item of clothing you own in hot water and pack it away, all sheets, etc. move out of your house and hire a good, recommended exterminator.
The bites are usually a few in a row, and they scab over at some point - like chicken pox.
There's an epidemic of this across the U.S. because the pesticide that controlled them was banned because it's not so safe.
I think it's time to legalize it again.

joeysmom

Post Sun, Sep 06 2009, 4:10 pm
I used a chemical-free product called kleen-free enzymes. I bought a large container (1 gallon) that I diluted and shpritzed it on our bodies after every shower, used it on surfaces and in the washing machine in addition to detergent etc. it really did work!!!

here is the website: http://www.naturalginesis.com/

good luck.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics