Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
PLEASE HELP! Cleaning a blanket ("spot clean only"

SV

Post Wed, Sep 16 2009, 9:22 am
We just got a really nice bedroom set – thick blankets to be used as a cover for the beds and little decorative pillows. I had a vase with flowers standing on a nightstand next to my bed and my baby knocked it over – spilling smelly water (the flowers were there from shabbos and the water started to smell already) all over the new blanket and one of the pillows. I am so upset, I love this set and I am scared that the blanket will smell after it dries. I tried to wash the part that had the spill on it with some nice smelling shampoo and warm water and left the blanket hanging to dry in the bathroom. Do you think it will get ruined from this? It says on it “spot clean only”. Any other suggestions on how to get the smell out?

Please respond ASAP so I can take care of it tonight when I get home. Thanks so much!!

SV

Post Wed, Sep 16 2009, 10:19 am
BUMP.

SV

Post Wed, Sep 16 2009, 3:16 pm
Nobody knows?!

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Sep 16 2009, 3:37 pm
sounds like you did fine.

I get machine wash things for this reason. though I have machine washed items that are spot clean only with good results. but I don't want to recommend it if you're really nervous about the item.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry