Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
"The right start" double jogger?

amother

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 11:02 am
http://philadelphia.craigslist......html

What do you think about this stroller? Is the price reasonable? I am trying to find out what year the stroller is from.

Pickle Lady

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 11:10 am
It doesn't have a swivel wheel in the front. I would hold out for a jogger with a swivel front wheel.

amother

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 11:18 am
Pickle Lady wrote:
It doesn't have a swivel wheel in the front. I would hold out for a jogger with a swivel front wheel.

Does it make life that much easier when the front wheel swivels? I never had a jogging stroller so I have no idea how important it is. Thanks for responding!!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 11:20 am
YES. I have a sister in law with a "true jogger" -- it's not meant for urban walking, but just running, and her front wheels don't swivel which is great for running on trails, but especially hard to maneuver in corners for regular walking.

amother

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 11:27 am
thanks. Oh well, I was excited about this metzia Smile

amother

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 11:42 am
What about this one? I can't tell about the front wheel...

http://philadelphia.craigslist......html

usher

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 11:45 am
This front wheel is also non swivel.

amother

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 11:49 am
I agree with HY and usher. Not a great idea to go with a non-swivel front wheel if you have a choice. To maneuver around corners or in other tight spaces you have to tilt the stroller back onto the rear wheels and turn. Not always easy, but if $ is an issue, it's doable. Just not very pleasant.

BTW - I bought a double jogger a couple of years back on craigslist with swivel wheels. You just might find one too!

amother

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 11:51 am
So which models have swivel wheels?? I am desperate for a double jogger and would like to spend under $150. Any suggestions? (I obviously dont mind used)

amother

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 12:04 pm
Well, I found this stroller which is $190 with free shipping. Try searching shopzilla or one of those sites where you can compare prices on stuff.

usher

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 12:07 pm
I think you can get the instep for under $200-new.

amother

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 12:07 pm
I found a cheaper site with the same stroller here

amother

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 12:51 pm
amother wrote:
I found a cheaper site with the same stroller here

wow that one looks good. Is the shipping free? I couldn't find anything about shipping. Is there anything obviously wrong with this stroller that I am missing I mean why would people spend $800-$900 on a double stroller when they can spend $150??

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 12:54 pm
It looks like it's a conglomeration of sites more than anything else.
As to the stroller, many people don't like the tippiness of a one-wheeled stroller. Others don't care. There are also features like adjustable handlebars, newborn compatibility, carseat compatibility, fold, etc that people davka want in a stroller that cheaper ones may be lacking.

usher

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 12:54 pm
These are much bulkier and might not fit throuh standard doors. And the quality is definitely lower.

amother

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 1:01 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
As to the stroller, many people don't like the tippiness of a one-wheeled stroller. Others don't care. There are also features like adjustable handlebars, newborn compatibility, carseat compatibility, fold, etc that people davka want in a stroller that cheaper ones may be lacking.

OK, so I think I only care about seats reclining for a newborn and it fitting through standard doors (and swivel wheel). How do I know if this stoller is good re those 2 things?

amother

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 1:04 pm
amother wrote:
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:

OK, so I think I only care about seats reclining for a newborn and it fitting through standard doors (and swivel wheel). How do I know if this stoller is good re those 2 things?

http://www.amazon.com/review/R.....U5947

Ok nevermind, it doesn't fit standard doors Sad

supermama2

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 11:33 pm
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:

I just bought this one and it's nice. It'll fit through my front door but not a bedroom door.

amother

Post Wed, Sep 23 2009, 12:30 pm
SarahO. wrote:
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:

I just bought this one and it's nice. It'll fit through my front door but not a bedroom door.

How big is your front door? IS it a double door? My main concern is making sure it fits in the shul door and front doors of people's houses if we go out for meals...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics