Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Frum model
Previous  1  2  3  Next

shalhevet

Post Thu, Oct 22 2009, 4:05 am
Puke

Ruchel

Post Thu, Oct 22 2009, 4:10 am
Some of the ads are perfectly tzniusdik.

Btw my sheitelmacher, know that I remember, used her own pics.

Flowerpot

Post Thu, Oct 22 2009, 5:08 am
Were any women on a jewish film from here? even bonie olem or the ones that are shown chole h'mode?

Last edited by Flowerpot on Sat, Oct 31 2009, 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Isramom8

Post Thu, Oct 22 2009, 9:04 am
My friend's dd had a small part in Diamonds In The Dust.

Just remembered that in 9th grade I voulunteered at a tzedaka event where we had to dress up as women from different lands and serve food. It's kind of exploitive, but for a good purpose.

I just let my young schoolage dd be interviewed about Israel and the Jewish holidays for an educational DVD. She only talks, does not sing or dance. She was "paid" a gift certificate for a toy store. She loved the experience. We are not making her into a movie star. We stressed that it was for kiruv.

Mini Cookie

Post Thu, Oct 22 2009, 9:41 am
I was stopped in a mall by a modeling company who said dd was a perfect candidate (stunning blue eyes and curly hair). They begged and called and promised and sent mail but dh and I decided NO.

Isramom8

Post Thu, Oct 22 2009, 10:29 am
Curly hair being perfect - that's funny. One girl being filmed with my dd had curly hair that I thought had an unbrushed appearance. My dd thought it looked nice, but they made that girl put it in a ponytail.

bigsis144

Post Thu, Oct 22 2009, 11:34 am
I'm from LA, and I was in the film "A Light for Greytowers" when I was 16. The frum performing arts camp that produced it, Kol Neshama, also made two DVDs about middos the next two summers, and I played a counselor in those as well. I really loved the experience, and wish I could do more, though I wouldn't quite call it "modeling".

Much of Shoshanim magazine is made in Los Angeles as well, and the articles often have photos of actual high school girls as illustrations for stories or articles. When I was in high school, there was a picture of me holding my baby brother for an article about babysitting, and my sisters and their classmates have been featured too. I still look for people I recognize in Shoshanim magazine, though I've been out of high school for a couple years now.

ClaRivka

Post Thu, Oct 22 2009, 11:49 am
Believe it or not in 9th grade I was old by a few proffessionals that I had the perfect body to be a model...everything is symetrical and my bust and my hips were exactly the same, perfect hourglass figure.
Then highschool started, I got depressed and gained 80 pounds lol

Mini Cookie

Post Thu, Oct 22 2009, 7:05 pm
bigsis, a light for greytowers WHOA! Did you have a big part?

Clarivka! cheer up, where there's life there's hope!

3Qts

Post Thu, Oct 22 2009, 7:09 pm
Bigsis I have the two Dvds from the middos series! Maybe one day when I watch it I will look for you!!

ShakleeMom

Post Thu, Oct 22 2009, 7:29 pm
Half a dozen people told me this week that the new Bonei Olam advertisements looks like my baby is on it. Anybody have it? I'd love to see it!

chaylizi

Post Thu, Oct 22 2009, 7:38 pm
neither I, nor my children will b"n ever model for anything.

bigsis144

Post Thu, Oct 22 2009, 8:01 pm
In Greytowers, I play the oldest of the orphans, Clothilde. She's the klutzy one. If you saw me on the street, you probably wouldn't recognize me, 'cuz I have a straight sheitel and glasses, and Clothilde has curly hair and no glasses. 8)

It always makes me do a double take when anybody says they actually SAW Greytowers... I don't think of myself as famous or anything...

About the Camp Bnos Yisroel middos DVDs -- there I look JUST like myself, glasses and all.

Isramom8

Post Fri, Oct 23 2009, 12:24 am
Esky's drawings are so enticing- I always wanted to climb into her books and make friends with those kids.

My sons (and my DH! and my father!) have appeared in Yated's Hebrew magazine. The photographer is a woman who used to live near us. It wasn't so easy for her to find frum boy "models" whose parents allowed them to be photographed and who weren't too shy and could work with her schedule.

Samples:
http://img21.imageshack.us/img.....b.jpg
http://img251.imageshack.us/im.....s.jpg

Ruchel

Post Thu, Oct 29 2009, 1:27 pm
I've just recognized two frum women I know modeling for a make up ad!

Rachie1

Post Thu, Oct 29 2009, 1:34 pm
I was once a "model" for a friend who was starting a wedding makeup business. She needed to take photos to show to clients so I got my makeup done for free, we scheduled it before a wedding I was going to and I let her take some photos to show to clients as to her skills! She doesn't do it anymore though.

My cousin was once a baby model! She was in some ads for national stores modeling baby and toddler clothes. Once she hit 4 they stopped doing it, but I think they put the money they made into an account for education which was really nice.

Isramom8

Post Thu, Oct 29 2009, 1:37 pm
I heard that the previous Gerber baby face on their products was a frum girl.

bashinda

Post Thu, Oct 29 2009, 6:29 pm
Clothilde's the one who stole the orange?

shanie5

Post Sat, Oct 31 2009, 8:05 pm
I have two cousins who have modeled and been in tv commercials. They are frum. Not sure if they are still doing it now that they are over bas mitzvah.

I modeled for a fashion show for the PTA when I was in 3rd grade.

bigsis144

Post Sat, Oct 31 2009, 8:45 pm
Quote:
Clothilde's the one who stole the orange?

Yup!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics