Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Snap 'n go stroller or other stroller info, please

amother

Post Sun, Apr 30 2006, 11:15 am
I hope someone out there can help. I am due this month iy"h and would liike to look into carriages and car seats. The snap 'n go looks very practical but is there an option to buy a bigger seat to install once the baby outgrows the tiny car seat.

I am looking for a carriage that I can use now, when the baby is an infant as well as when he is a toddler.

does anyone have any good recommendations?

realeez

Post Sun, Apr 30 2006, 12:08 pm
Buy a carseat that has a bigger weight and height requirement. Some Gracos only go to 20 lbs and 26 inches while other Gracos go to 22 lbs and 29 inches. That small difference can mean months longer in it!

supermommy

Post Sun, Apr 30 2006, 12:48 pm
if you really need to use a car seat and want to have a stroller too, why don't you just look into strollers that are car seat compatible? The snap and go is just a light cheap way to convert the car seat into a stroller but you can "snap" a car seat onto many types of strollers. All you have to do is read the stroller description and you'll know whether that's a feature or not. Or you can just ask a salesperson which strollers are car seat compatible. I know that most graco's are, but I'm not sure about the rest. Good luck and b'shaah tova!

shopaholic

Post Sun, Apr 30 2006, 8:16 pm
The snap 'n go is only $50 so it's worth it for the beginning. It folds as flat as a folding chair. The basket is big & the baby is facing you without you having to buy an expensive carriage for it to do that.. Then, you can buy a stroller for when the baby is older. I used the snap 'n go until they were 4 months old.

ektsm

Post Sun, Apr 30 2006, 8:30 pm
defintely worth it

amother

Post Sun, Apr 30 2006, 8:42 pm
I have the venezia peg perego and the matching car seat. I love it! it's great from the absolute beginning until toddler age.
but, I would say it depends where you live. I don't live in an area where I need to walk a lot and where they are bumps on the sidewalks when I do walk. I use it for in and out of the car and whenever I do a little bit of walking.
the car seat is very comfortable and the stroller itself lies totally flat - great for a newborn. it's also very comfi for a newborn - you can put a piece around it that keeps the baby warm and cozy. it's also pretty light for such a stroller. I've had it for almost a year now and am very happy with it.
anonymous because I've told these exact words to quite a few friends.

nicole81

Post Sun, Apr 30 2006, 10:02 pm
I agree the snap n go is completely worth it. those infant carriers are heavy, so it helps to have a lightweight frame to put it in.

if you only want to buy one stroller though, then how about just getting a travel system? graco has a couple of different options as do a lot of other companies, depending on what you want to spend. they come with the infant seat, which snaps right into the stroller itself. and the strollers do lie flat, so you can use them for any age.

personally, I have the graco quattro tour which has lasted me nicely, but it's heavy. I've heard good things about the graco metrolite though.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, May 01 2006, 7:13 am
I have the Kolcraft Universal Car Seat Carrier 2 -- definitely worth it. My son is almost 10 months old and I still use it when I shop (I keep it in the car). Very lightweight and very nice basket.

Our real stroller is a Zooper Waltz which weighs 16 lbs. (not terribly heavy) and is car seat compatible. It also reclines all the way so it can be used for a newborn without a car seat, and it can be sued for a child up to 40 lbs. I believe. The basket isn't great on it, though. But it's a whole lot cheaper than some other brand names, and it's much more durable than a Graco. It also comes with a bunch of extras -- foot muff, rain cover, sun glare cover, etc.

queen

Post Tue, May 02 2006, 5:29 am
your "real" stroller (not snap and go version) will most probably be quite heavy or bulky. Snap and Go frames fold almost flat (well almost) and are great for keeping in your trunk.

Snap & Go's make your life very easy as you don't need to wake up your baby when going in and out of the car- just grab the car seat, and snap into frame- and you're on wheels and ready to go.

Like an above poster wrote- they run about $50 and is $ very well spent.

ektsm

Post Tue, May 02 2006, 5:30 am
Yeah if you dont' have a car though y ou don't need one.

shopaholic

Post Tue, May 02 2006, 8:28 am
Even without a car, it's a great piece to have. Just going Up & down stairs, it's easier. Also, having the baby facing you.

sunnymom

Post Mon, Nov 06 2006, 11:11 am
I'm looking into buying the snap and go for my newborn baby, I was just wondering if it's okay for the baby's back to be up like that, I heard that the baby has to lie flat cuz the bones are really soft and you want the spine to grow straight?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics