Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Any Bnos Chava Alum? What year?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother

Post Wed, Nov 04 2009, 8:31 pm
what year were you there queen?

morahaviva

Post Wed, Nov 04 2009, 10:50 pm
I didnt go there - but lived next door - my mother was always calling the dorm mother to tell her to remind the girls to close their trissim - my brother used to get an eyefull from his bedroom window!! I guess if you have the light on in the room at night and cant see out, you dont realize there is a little boy that can see IN!!

amother

Post Thu, Nov 05 2009, 1:58 am
rise above wrote:

I was there 03-04 and there was no dress code yet. I was a mad there in 04-05 and the dress code started that year.

Well you just outed yourself... Hi LOL

queen

Post Thu, Nov 05 2009, 2:18 am
amother wrote:
what year were you there queen?

feel free to PM me

amother

Post Thu, Nov 05 2009, 4:04 am
'06-'07

amother

Post Thu, Nov 05 2009, 4:36 pm
00-01

rise above

Post Thu, Nov 05 2009, 6:19 pm
amother wrote:
rise above wrote:

I was there 03-04 and there was no dress code yet. I was a mad there in 04-05 and the dress code started that year.

Well you just outed yourself... Hi LOL

I guess you now know what I do by my (seldomn) lunch breaks or late night working and I'm waiting for something on my machine to build. Hi to you to anom Smile

amother

Post Thu, Nov 05 2009, 7:35 pm
another '05-'06 here.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 05 2009, 9:10 pm
im the first 05-06. who are you? now im curious!

joy613

Post Fri, Nov 06 2009, 4:18 am
amother wrote:
I was there in 95-96
Things have definitely changed since then. I didn't know that there was a uniform. Mrs. Tarshish was a huge draw. Now that she has her own place, I think that BC has lost a very unique teacher.

Mrs Tarshish still teaches there, thoughI don't think as much as she used to. Maybe just the big class for the whole school together (medrash?) but she's definitely still there. and yes, I have to agree she is quite a unique teacher.

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Nov 06 2009, 5:44 am
delete

Last edited by amother on Sat, May 15 2021, 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Fri, Nov 06 2009, 9:56 am
first '05-'06- which building were you in? I was in the first one - I think it was 5.

amother

Post Fri, Nov 06 2009, 11:13 am
I am the amother above- I am actually not sure which building number it was, but it was the one next to Bnos Sarah.

amother

Post Fri, Nov 06 2009, 2:58 pm
05-06. me too! the building next to bnos sara. I think its building 6. hmmm... so, which floor?

amother

Post Sun, Nov 08 2009, 12:53 pm
I was there 99-00.
I also agree, losing mrs. tarshish was a huge mistake. personally, I thought she was only teacher there worth going for. all the others were just typical teachers you could find in any high school or seminary. mrs. tarshish had such a unique approach to understanding everything. I never had another class like hers anywhere.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 08 2009, 2:40 pm
amother wrote:
I was there 99-00.
I also agree, losing mrs. tarshish was a huge mistake. personally, I thought she was only teacher there worth going for. all the others were just typical teachers you could find in any high school or seminary. mrs. tarshish had such a unique approach to understanding everything. I never had another class like hers anywhere.

I personally LOVED mrs baumol's and mrs birnbaum's classes. mrs dee was also great, just in a different way

amother

Post Sun, Nov 08 2009, 3:38 pm
You had Mrs Dee for a teacher? thats interesting. My year she was the aim bayis living in the basement. But I could totally see her teaching...very her type

amother

Post Sun, Nov 08 2009, 5:18 pm
my year, (99-00) mrs. d was the aim bayis also, not teaching. and to the amother who loved mrs. birnbaums and mrs baumols classes... everyone is entitled to their opinion but I guess we have complete opposite tastes. to me, those classes were nothing special, nothing I couldnt just learn on my own. and I know this sounds weird but I kind of like the teachers who dont really try to get to know you. they are who they are and if you want to seek them out, go ahead but they dont really care. the teachers who call you out of class and probe have their own agendas (in my opinion) and I find them to be really annoying.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 08 2009, 7:08 pm
amother wrote:
my year, (99-00) mrs. d was the aim bayis also, not teaching. and to the amother who loved mrs. birnbaums and mrs baumols classes... everyone is entitled to their opinion but I guess we have complete opposite tastes. to me, those classes were nothing special, nothing I couldnt just learn on my own. and I know this sounds weird but I kind of like the teachers who dont really try to get to know you. they are who they are and if you want to seek them out, go ahead but they dont really care. the teachers who call you out of class and probe have their own agendas (in my opinion) and I find them to be really annoying.

im the amother who wrote about liking mrs baumol & mrs birnbaum

firstly, mrs dee isnt aim habayit anymore because her son got too old. now she teaches. secondly, I loved them as people, besides for loving their classes! and I dont believe they had "agendas". sorry. it happens to be, I got very close to both of them and they both helped me a lot, and I look up to them a lot

amother

Post Sun, Nov 08 2009, 7:54 pm
'05-'06- I was on the 4th floor - what floor were you on?
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics