Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
ANYONE KNOW A NOTARY PUBLIC IN JERUSALEM?

CutiePatutie

Post Mon, Nov 23 2009, 2:46 pm
I need a notary public in Jerusalem, the closer to Ra'amat Eshkol the better. If you know one can you please provide the phone number and any other info you have, hr available, fee......? Please respond as soon as you can, this is really urgent.

Thanks a ton!!

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Nov 23 2009, 9:56 pm
My coworker is a lawyer and will be in EY soon - but you need someone certified in Israel, right ?

estyk

Post Tue, Nov 24 2009, 6:30 am
I'm not home or I would check for you, but if you have a Newcomer's Guide, I believe they have a listing of notary publics.

CutiePatutie

Post Tue, Nov 24 2009, 8:12 am
An American notary would be the best, its for an American document, but I need to go tomorrow, so I dont think I can wait for your friend to come. I wasn't able to find the list ion the new comer's guide, so if anyone is able to check it would be a tremendous help!!
Does anyone know how much they charge? It sounds like it might be a lot of money. Also, is there anything else I need to do to make it acceptable in America? any one??

TIA!!!!

CutiePatutie

Post Tue, Nov 24 2009, 10:49 am
come on- where are all my Israeli mothers?!?! none of you know a notary public?

CutiePatutie

Post Tue, Nov 24 2009, 2:00 pm
ok- so no one knows a notary, anyone know a lawyer that will sign something for me?

tizunabi

Post Tue, Nov 24 2009, 2:17 pm
Notary publics, unless certified in the states, do not exist in Israel to the best of my knowledge. In israel people use lawyers to sign all their documents.
I believe that you can go to the Iriya in Kikar Safra and there is a court there that you can pay a nominal fee and then get a judge to sign documents there.

CutiePatutie

Post Tue, Nov 24 2009, 2:54 pm
o man! this is a lot more complicated that I thought it would be. its actually an american document, so going to the iriya wont help me, but thanks tizunabi, I appreciate the idea.

anyone know an american certified notary in israel?

Rodent

Post Tue, Nov 24 2009, 3:34 pm
My husband used to be a notary public in NY and I'm sure I remember him saying that once they aren't living in the state they are registered in then they are disqualified. When we first moved here he was asked by some Americans to notarise something and he said he wasn't allowed to do so. The only places they have actual notary publics apart from temporary visitors here is at the embassy.

BUT

We have had many American documents that needed to be notarised. Without easy access to one, my husband looked into it and the local equivalent of a notary public is fine. We use a JP (Justice of the Peace) as that is pretty much the same as a notary public, but a lawyer works too. If that's the standard way in Israel then you should be just fine going that route. We have never had any problems.

CutiePatutie

Post Tue, Nov 24 2009, 3:37 pm
THANK YOU RODENT!! that was very helpful! I really appreciate it.

thank you everyone who responded-

heyum3

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 3:00 pm
My Husband is a Notary Public. We live in Jerusalem. Call him at 054-265-2320.

ROFL

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 11:38 pm
He yum, this post is from 2009 I presume that the OP dealt with her issue already,but it is good for others to know that your DH s available
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions