Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Can I bring my baby with me to get a mani?

fmt4

Post Wed, Nov 25 2009, 2:03 pm
Is it safe to bring my 7 week old with me to the nail salon? I always see people with their babies, but I'm worried the fumes can be dangerous. Please no answers like "The fumes are dangerous for everyone, you shouldn't either be inhaling them, blah blah blah..." Rolling Eyes

Ruchel

Post Wed, Nov 25 2009, 2:04 pm
I never saw this!
I don't think the ladies would allow as it would disrupt other people (or they would think so).

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Nov 25 2009, 2:10 pm
It's at best at annoyance. If you're getting polish, it could get ruined really fast, too.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 25 2009, 2:26 pm
I don't understand how someone would even do that? What if you are in the middle of a manicure and the baby starts flipping out.. how would you take care of him/her? it just seems to complicated and not relaxing.

Also, I don't think the fumes are a good idea for a newborn.. but you can always ask your peditrician.

Fabulous

Post Wed, Nov 25 2009, 2:33 pm
It depends on your baby's personality and how full of fumes the place is. My place doesn't seem (to me to have too many fumes) and my baby sleeps after walking in the carriage to get there or in the car on the way over, so I have brought him when I got a waxing. But if your kid is the type to need attention, even the pacifier, it might not be a great idea.

freidasima

Post Wed, Nov 25 2009, 2:34 pm
And here I am reading "can I bring my baby with me to get a MAN"

HUH?
LOL!!

fmt4

Post Wed, Nov 25 2009, 3:12 pm
freidasima wrote:
And here I am reading "can I bring my baby with me to get a MAN"

HUH?
LOL!!

Lol!

The place I go to the people are obsessed with babies they take care of them while you're getting your nails done, everyone brings kids with them.

queen

Post Wed, Nov 25 2009, 6:04 pm
not e/o has a choice.
It's either going WITH baby, or not at all.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Nov 25 2009, 6:13 pm
Which is why I never went as a young mother. I went when I made a bar mitzvah.

kiwi

Post Wed, Nov 25 2009, 6:13 pm
this week I took baby along to the salon and he did not stop bickering...
I had to hold him and it was so uncomfy.. after the manicure she massaged my hand and instead of enjoying it, I couldnt wait for her to stop and I kept yanking away my hand to pacify my crying baby..
so make it ur time... and let someone watch your baby for u...
im sure ur baby will appreciate u not letting him sit in the stroller for over an hour in one place...

lamplighter

Post Wed, Nov 25 2009, 6:26 pm
I don't know about fumes but I think that a mani/pedi is a form of relaxation or pampering, having a baby there will interfere with yours and the other women. Also what would u do if the baby cries? Will u get up? leave? It's a tough position to put yourself in. I say get a babysitter.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Nov 25 2009, 6:41 pm
If you have a baby in diapers, it seems redundant to have a manicure. Are you going to live in rubber gloves ?

shopaholic

Post Wed, Nov 25 2009, 6:52 pm
I've taken babies. Sometimes I've been lucky & they've slept. If not, other people have always offered to help. Which is why I never would get a mani/pedi at the same appt. Takes too long. With my last baby, I wore her in a wrap. I say go for it! It's fun to pamper yourself once in a while. And its not always possible to go when DH is home to stay with the baby. I don't think the fumes are a problem.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics