Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Toys for 15 month old??

msym

Post Wed, Dec 02 2009, 11:24 am
What does your 15 month old (or similar aged child) play with? im looking to buy some new stuff for my daughter - I just dont know waht.
we already have mega blocks, mediumsized legos, woood traintracks, stacking rings, sorting blocks, a doll and others from my 4 year oldson ...
although I try to engage her in activities she just seems so bored by those toys
do you think a kitchen is appropriate at this age
any suggestions are appreiciated.
TIA 8)

hardworkingmommy

Post Wed, Dec 02 2009, 11:36 am
She might like a kitchen set. My daughter at that age loved playing wtih my pots I let her play with it for a while (until I relaized they are really getting ruined) I bought her a set of make belives pots & plates etc. which she loves & she gets it when I'm on the kitchen cooking.
Try getting some hard cover educational books. if she likes dolls get her a carriage, purse like mommy etc. Good Luck. I know how you feel cuz no matter how many toys you by you never feel like it's enough & that she is busy enough.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Dec 02 2009, 12:00 pm
Shape sorters or pegs in wooden hole things (not sure what they are called -- we have something with a hammer and she puts the pegs in the holes and hammers them down) are great for developing fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. Keeps my daughter busy for far longer than most toys.

msym

Post Wed, Dec 02 2009, 12:22 pm
thanx hardworkingmommy and hasheyaazor for your suggestions!
keep em coming
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics