Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Eggless chanuka cookies

msym

Post Wed, Dec 02 2009, 12:45 pm
for all you mommies who have egg allergies in the family- I got this cookie recipe in my email today: Im going to try it with my son IYH.
its not healthy.... but it doesnt have eggs.
happy baking
http://www.foodnetwork.com/rec.....009_6
Ingredients
•3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for work surface
•3/4 teaspoon salt
•1 3/4 cups (or 3 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
•1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
•2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
•Coarse Pink Decorating Sugar, optional
Directions
Sift together the flour and salt into a large bowl.

Put the butter into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, and beat on medium speed until fluffy and light, about 2 minutes. Add the sugar and vanilla, and mix until combined. Reduce the speed to low, and slowly add the flour and salt mixture to the butter and sugar mixture, mixing on low speed until the dough comes together and is smooth. Turn the dough out onto a sheet of plastic wrap. Cut the dough into quarters, and wrap each piece in plastic wrap, then chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.

When you're ready to bake the cookies, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 (9 by 13-inch) sheet trays with parchment paper.

Remove the dough from the refrigerator and let it soften slightly. Using a rolling pin dusted with flour, roll out 1 of the dough quarters, (keeping the others refrigerated until you need them), on a lightly floured work surface, to a 1/4 to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut the cookies into the desired shapes, then use a metal spatula to transfer the cookies to 1 of the prepared baking sheets, spacing about 1 1/2 inches apart. Sprinkle the cookies with decorating sugar, if desired.

Repeat with remaining dough, and bake the cookies until they are light brown around the edges and on the bottom, about 8 to 12 minutes. Cool briefly on the pan, then use a metal spatula to transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.

Cook's Notes: You can cut these cookies into any shapes you choose, but in our house we choose to cut them into the shape of a pig (pig cutters can be found online or in specialty baking stores).

momstaxi

Post Sun, Dec 06 2009, 11:42 pm
Thanks for the recipe, I could always use another recipe for variety. The recipe I have been using is:
Ingredients-
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 sticks margarine
1 egg ( I substitute 1/8c water)
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla
3c flour
1 tsp baking powder

Directions-cream marg and sugar, add liquids, add powders. Bake 12 min @ 350F

I have had much success with this recipe. All my kids love them (not just my allergy child), and nobody ever suspects that they are eggless!
If you have any other allergy friendly recipes, please share!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics