Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
6 yr old DD stealing
Previous  1  2

Chayalle

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 9:42 am
I remember one of my kids went thru such a phase briefly, and my MIL AH, who taught pre-1-A for many years, told me it was very normal behavior at that age. We just sent the items back to school the next day and didn't make a big deal of it. This DD is very straight, honest, etc...today.

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 11:02 am
OP first Breathe!! I want to promise you that a 6 year old that steals will usually not steal when he is older . My young son stole at age 4. He wanted his friends glasses. He thought it was cool to wear glasses. I was about 26 yr. old at the time and thought my world is ending. Ok. Bh' my world didn't end and my Sweet son is a Daddy himself now who does not Steal, he is honest and trustworthy. Spend a little more time with your daughter before bedtime about how we feel when we see others have things we want. What feelings come up? Tell her about things you want but can't have right away. You should see Nachas from all your children.

BrisketBoss

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 11:07 am
This is actually very normal 6 year old behavior, as someone else said. Making a big deal of it will only encourage a continued pattern of sneakiness. Help see that the items make it back to their owners.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children