Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Capital punishment for terrorists

smiletoworld

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 11:42 am
The released terrorists who caused much harm and death to others, in many cases. why isn't there any law yet allowing capital punishment for murderers? So they are never released on exchanges

Rappel

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 11:48 am
There is a law in Israel that allows for the death penalty.

Up until now, there has only been one person it's been applied to - Eichmann.

High-minded Israel is preserving that statistic: a murderer would have to be on the level of Eichmann to receive the death penalty here.

That being said -- I think we've hit the breaking point on this issue.

Success10

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 11:52 am
I'd be curious to hear about the halachic permisibiliy of giving a death sentence without a sanhedrin. I can’t have an opinion on the subject without clearing that up first.

smiletoworld

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 11:54 am
Success10 wrote:
I'd be curious to hear about the halachic permisibiliy of giving a death sentence without a sanhedrin. I can’t have an opinion on the subject without clearing that up first.

The same permission they had to kill eichman. Imo, the hamas terrorists deserve the same

Rappel

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 12:02 pm
Success10 wrote:

You have never needed the Sanhedrin for capital punishment. Only for "innovation" in Halacha

Plonis

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 12:05 pm
Success10 wrote:

הבא להרגך השכם להרגו

This isn't capital punishment for aveiros. It's preserving Jewish life and unquestionably allowed.

gorilla

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 12:07 pm
Success10 wrote:

They’re killing plenty of terrorists in Gaza. So technically it would be the same thing to kill the terrorists they put in prison

chestnut

Before the ceasefire, the govt was discussing the capital punishment for terrorists, but hostages relatives were against it cause they felt it'll make it much harder to get hostages back.
There'll still be terrorists who tried killing but didn't succeed, like the ones being released now. They won't get capital punishment.

r1

It’s the price we pay multiple times over to get the worlds approval- they don’t kill them when they find them cuz they need due process. No capital punishment either. Then they end up back in the horrendous “game” of terror.

Success10

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 12:14 pm
gorilla wrote:
They’re killing plenty of terrorists in Gaza. So technically it would be the same thing to kill the terrorists they put in prison

Killing a terrorist is the laws of rodef. And warfare is a different set of rules. Executing a jailed terrorist who poses no threat.... I'm just asking. Trust me, I'd love to see them all in nooses.

Plonis

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 12:17 pm
chestnut wrote:
Before the ceasefire, the govt was discussing the capital punishment for terrorists, but hostages relatives were against it cause they felt it'll make it much harder to get hostages back.
There'll still be terrorists who tried killing but didn't succeed, like the ones being released now. They won't get capital punishment.

I don't understand why attempted murder is less of an issue than actual murder. Either way they tried to kill. Just because we have better medical care or faster emergency response and they didn't succeed?

havala

Post Wed, Dec 13 2023, 6:44 pm
BTW this discussion here was referenced in an article on pjmedia.com
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics