Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Afraid of the toilet

amother

Post Mon, Mar 16 2009, 2:53 pm
can someone tell me how to get my 2 yr. old not to be afraid of the toilet? or should I start with a potty first (although I really don't like it?

cubbie

Post Mon, Mar 16 2009, 3:01 pm
Do you have the steps and seat so she can sit easily and get on and off by herself?
One of the things that worked with my older dd was to fill a bowl with water and put a few toys in it and she could only play with it while she was sitting on the toilet.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 16 2009, 3:09 pm
Thanks, I'll try that, but do you think that the stairs make such a diffrence for my dd?

cubbie

Post Mon, Mar 16 2009, 3:14 pm
Definitely my older dd who was almost 3 when she trained was scared to sit on the big toilet for about the first 6 months, and my younger dd who is now turning 2 and LOOOOOOVES the toilet (total opposite of dd1 who was a nightmare to train) is scared to sit without it. You need to consider how small their little tushies are compared to the hole in the big toilet seat.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 16 2009, 3:20 pm
Yah, you're right, thats the prob. with first borns.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training