Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art
Canon powershot sx10 is

Chanie

Post Tue, Dec 09 2008, 11:15 am
after doing a lot of research and asking the opinions of a few different camera salespeople, I'm basically convinced this is the one for me. It has 20x zoom, 24 different modes and a lot of other features that looked good for me. I hear the canon puts the same processor in this camera as it does in thier SLR so it takes quicker pictures then most cameras in its class.
My biggest concern is the batteries.. I loved my lithum battery camera, and this one uses 4 AA batteries.

Now imamother-ers, I'd like the opinions of some of you who might own this camera and can make me feel more comfurtable in my purchase.

GAMZu

Post Tue, Dec 09 2008, 11:34 am
I heard the SX100 IS came up with a new model... funny that it's called SX10. What
Well, I have the SX100 and absolutely love it. It takes awesome pics! (Check out my thread down below in "Similar Topics.")

As for the batteries, I only looked at the cameras that took AA. I didn't want any "specific" batteries. Because then you have to buy only those. But I can buy Duracell rechargeables and it's all good. If the batteries lose their potency over time, I'll just buy another set for $10 instead of a specialized battery for $30 or more.
And the best part is, if the battery runs out while I'm outside, I just have a handful of disposable AA batteries I got on a huge sale. I don't have to worry about losing a rechargeable, and it lasts long enough for the rest of the day, until I can get home and charge again.

bnm

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 12:43 am
SX10 follows the SX5. they are only now coming out with the SX200 and it has a lithium battery.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art