Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Gall bladder surgery

amother

Post Tue, Jun 05 2007, 5:34 pm
my baby is 5 weeks old now, will be seven imyh in two weeks when I will have a gall bladder surgery, would anyone know if the recuperation will be harder or will it make me bleed?

any info?

amother

Post Tue, Jun 05 2007, 5:38 pm
I dont recall any bleeding when I had the surgery ... had it 2 years ago

Gela

Post Tue, Jun 05 2007, 5:39 pm
I had a lap-choly 48 hours post partum. If the surgery is done laproscopically the recovery is much easier, but either way there is no bleeding. Thought the recovery was easy.
Good luck. You'll feel so much better afterwards.

Mommy3.5

Post Tue, Jun 05 2007, 9:48 pm
I had it done when my son was 5 months old. It was a week before I could move without thinking if it was worth it, and a month till I was back to myself. There is no bleeding (I ASSUME YOU MEAN nIDDAH BLEEDING) although, the pain killers constipate you, so there may be issues with that.

anewday

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 10:08 am
I totally go with the constipation!!! so drink prune juice!
I also had mine removed after 7 weeks and couldnt pick anything up for 2 weeks after the surgery so make sure u schedule round the clock help/care for the baby...I couldnt really nurse properly after, cuz u stay away from fat in teh beg and thats fat-free milk for the baby!
best of luck

Fox

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 11:08 am
lovmyboys wrote:
I had the surgery about 5 weeks after my baby was born, I had stopped bleeding by then and it did not start again. The recovery was more painful then they made it sound like it would be, I couldn't change positions without alot of pain

I also had the surgery at about the same time, and I would echo lovmyboys' experience! The surgeon made it sound like I'd be bouncing back within a couple of days. It was obviously a much faster recovery than the non-lapryscopic abdominal surgery, but I wasn't going anywhere for a full week!

I also had one other issue that I'll mention: I underwent an emergency C-section with general anesthesia, and the gall bladder surgery was also performed under general anesthesia. We are often somewhat cavalier about general anesthesia, but it's really a very serious thing. Having general anesthesia administered twice in so short a period of time left me with some significant side effects: I had dizzy spells for up to a year following the surgery; I had "groggy" episodes for at least six months; I was often very fatigued; and I had episodes of muscular stiffness and pain.

Needless to say, these side-effects were pretty alarming, and I ended up consulting an anesthesiologist who educated me about what was happening. Had I realized the increased potential for such problems, I would probably have delayed my gall bladder surgery a bit longer. Obviously, sometimes the option to delay general anesthesia doesn't exist, but it's definitely something to be aware of before being wheeled into the operating room.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics