Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Sleeve surgery and birth control

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 11:13 pm
I currently have a 4 month old baby and doing the mini pill.
Im considering the doing the sleeve and starting the process.

Can anyone tell me if you need to stop taking birth control prior to the surgery?

Did you have to stop nursing too?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 7:54 am
Bump

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 7:57 am
You should really ask your dr these questions. I can’t tell you about nursing but I know different drs say different things about stopping bc for surgery. I was told not to take it for a few days I think cuz of blood clots. Others were never told such things. Regardless the surgery sometimes causes people to get their periods

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 10:13 am
amother Khaki wrote:
You should really ask your dr these questions. I can’t tell you about nursing but I know different drs say different things about stopping bc for surgery. I was told not to take it for a few days I think cuz of blood clots. Others were never told such things. Regardless the surgery sometimes causes people to get their periods

I will obviously discuss it with my dr once I get an appointment but just want to hear from other peoples personal experience.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 10:14 am
Yes of course you will. I’m just saying cuz I know that you dr might say something totally dif than what every single person on here might say

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 10:27 am
From my personal experience my Dr told me to stop taking bc before surgery and not continue until about a month after surgery because of clots and guess what I got pregnant a month after surgery on top of covid it was when covid started right before peasach but I can tell you it was the best thing I ever did

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 11:56 am
amother Aqua wrote:
From my personal experience my Dr told me to stop taking bc before surgery and not continue until about a month after surgery because of clots and guess what I got pregnant a month after surgery on top of covid it was when covid started right before peasach but I can tell you it was the best thing I ever did

Are you allowed to become pregnant right away? They don’t make you abstain intercourse?

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 12:05 pm
Well I was bc and did some gel as protective but hashem had other plans

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 7:40 pm
I don’t think it’s dangerous to become pregnant. They just want you to be the most successful so when you’re body’s trying to lose weight from surgery but gain weight from
The pregnancy it’s harder to lose the weight.
That’s what I was told

amother
Tealblue

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 8:16 pm
You have to give up nursing

amother
Alyssum

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 12:45 am
amother OP wrote:
I currently have a 4 month old baby and doing the mini pill.
Im considering the doing the sleeve and starting the process.

Can anyone tell me if you need to stop taking birth control prior to the surgery?

Did you have to stop nursing too?

I had the surgery a few weeks ago and I had to get onto bc for that. I did not have to stop it before the procedure.

After the surgery they told me to use another protection for 2 weeks (if I remember well) cause they give you a certain medication that causes the bc not to work.

Good luck on your journey!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise