Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Help me pack - what to bring?!!

Shalshelet

Post Mon, Mar 30 2009, 7:33 pm
OK, so were going away for Pesach to both my parents and in-laws. This is our first long trip away from home, and I'm clueless as to what I should bring and what I should leave behind. My daughter is already 5 months, and we will be flying to visit everyone.

I already know to bring the carseat and baby wrap, and a couple of toys for her to teethe on/play with. But what else should I bring? How many outfits/what kinds? etc. I don't bottle/formula feed, so that's one less thing I have to worry about, and I know to pack some diapers in the carry-on.

Any help will be appreciated.

Shalshelet

Post Mon, Mar 30 2009, 8:39 pm
anyone . . . ? anyone . . . ? Bueler? Bueler?

bnm

Post Mon, Mar 30 2009, 8:58 pm
Are you doing laundry there? just take along her whole wardrobe.

what type of climate are you visiting? make sure your daughter has clothes that are suitable.
you need all her pain relievers-tylonol, baby oral gel etc.

Shalshelet

Post Mon, Mar 30 2009, 9:07 pm
I've gotten a lot of hand me downs, so taking her whole wardrobe is a bit much. I just checked the weather and it seems that it will be mild (50's) and sunny in one place, and cold and snowy in the other! shock
Plus, when we've done this in the past, we've barely been able to fit everything in 2 suitcases, so I'm really trying to figure this one out. Banging head

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Mar 30 2009, 9:18 pm
I would take along enough stretchies so that she has a change of clothing every day of yom tov - so in total, six stretchies for yom tov - and 2-3 nice outfits for going out etc. ditto for the undershirts. diapers you can buy here, same for bottles and pacifiers. youre not going to a desert, you can buy everything you need locally, but for clothing, I'd take along six stretchies and 2-3 nice outfits.

zigi

Post Mon, Mar 30 2009, 9:20 pm
bring some layering peices like a long sleeved shirt and a sweater and tights or leggings. a cute stretchy can go underneath a 2 peice outfit. or a short sleeved shirt with a skirt and if its going to be cold put on a sweater and tights or leggings. try to make the outfits mix and match

ShakleeMom

Post Tue, Mar 31 2009, 4:44 pm
Very important… I learned the hard way. A bit of your own detergent plus all the hygiene products you use. The last thing you need on a vacation is an allergy reaction which I got to my in laws laundry detergent!

Otherwise… just bring every piece of clothing you own for your baby and tons of blankets. You don’t want to be running to wash the second yom tov is over (you will, anyway!). Have fun!

Mirabelle

Post Tue, Mar 31 2009, 5:01 pm
Are you flying or driving?

Either way, for the trip have a "trip bag" ready to go with diapers, wipes, change of clothing, sweater, blankies, destatin (you always need it when you can't find it!), baby tylenol, mylecon, and a thermometer.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics