Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What are you buying for Pesach outfit?
Previous  1  2

supermama2

Post Tue, Mar 24 2009, 7:42 pm
hmm oookkk so I need an XXL for my current preggie belly...I don't know if I can bring myself to do that Smile

OldYoung

Post Tue, Mar 24 2009, 8:59 pm
After spending money on clothing for the kids, it will be a miracle if there's anything left for me. Rolling Eyes

Retail therapy is not quite as therapeutic as it used to be...

Mommish

Post Wed, Mar 25 2009, 12:40 am
levial, have you tried Talbots or J.Jill online? They usually have something tznius. They're a little expensive, but better quality that what you'd get for the same price at the frummy stores.

levial

Post Sun, Mar 29 2009, 8:14 am
I've found j jill talbots ok for casual clothes but not dressy clothes for chagim and shabbats.

I ended up at 1 of the two frum stores...the one I thought was more organized was messier, but she helped me. I just walked up and said, "I've got $100 left to spend after buying everyone else's chagim outfits..if I can get a skirt or a top to work with what Ihave, or both, I'm happy"

I found a black satin crinkle fabric bubble skirt from canada, and I spent $60. I found a top but she didn't have it in my size. Oh well, a white shirt and I'm done...

Thanks everyone.

QUEENY

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 4:12 pm
I love dresses too. Last year I bought a stretchy black dress (need room for all that matzah and pesach brownies yum). I wore the black dress so much (all year round material) it wore out. This year I bought another black dress. I'm 5'6 so alot of dress barely cover my knees this one did even though it was $99 I know I 'll get alot of use out of it. I don't plan on buying a robe this year so that is my pesach gift to myself.

Isramom8

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 5:36 pm
I had my 16 year old daughter go through my closet and tell me what I'm "allowed" to wear this Pesach. Apparently polka dots are back! Is this true?

momsprince

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 6:11 pm
Isramom8 wrote:
I had my 16 year old daughter go through my closet and tell me what I'm "allowed" to wear this Pesach. Apparently polka dots are back! Is this true?
Hey, I got myself a polka dotted skirt and didn't even know they are back in. Thanks for letting me know.

Raisin

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 6:13 pm
Isramom8 wrote:

next: sailor collars and little bows at the front of your blouse. oh, and princess di hairstyles. Rolling Eyes

octopus

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 6:51 pm
I ordered this:

http://www4.jcpenney.com/jcp/X.....50434|50436&Fltr=&Srt=&QL=F&IND=8&CmCatId=50434|50436|50841

and bought a shell and dressy skirt.

and the sweater runs very full- not fitted at all like the pic.

Chocoholic

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 7:32 pm
momsprince wrote:
Isramom8 wrote:
Hey, I got myself a polka dotted skirt and didn't even know they are back in. Thanks for letting me know.

Polka dots were back in europe 2 years ago, and they've finally reached Israel, I see!!!! LOL

Don't worry, and have a freilichen pesach.

amother

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 7:57 pm
I don't have $$ to buy myself something for yom tov. I keep on wearing the same knit all the time for shabbos/and yom tov, even though it's a bit over dressed for a regular shabbos. too bad that's all that I have, so if u see me in the street wearing a knit outfit on a regular shabbos- then you will know why I am wearing it. (it's the only shabbos thing I have)
Luckily I got a robe last year on sale and it still fits me, so a robe I also have.
Shoes- I got a pair of shoes that can be both dressy weekday and shabbos shoes.

I just don't have a new outfit for yom tov.
TOO BAD!!! I can still live like that. And I will survive!!!

frumluv

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 8:07 pm
I went to Daffy's today, nada. Maybe I'll try Marshalls or TJ Maxx. Maybe I'll try Syms tomorrow.

If all else fails, I'll just dig something out of my closet.

shlomitsmum

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 8:08 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
I'm also not getting clothes or a robe. I got a dimaond bracelet though.

NICE wear it in good health! Very Happy

Twizzlers

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 10:38 pm
I'm not buying; I'm praying I fit into the suits that until now have been too small! (although with my ability to stay on a diet the past few weeks.... Rolling Eyes )

supermama2

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 10:46 pm
frumluv wrote:
I went to Daffy's today, nada. Maybe I'll try Marshalls or TJ Maxx. Maybe I'll try Syms tomorrow.

If all else fails, I'll just dig something out of my closet.

I actually found some nice things at my local Kohls.

amother

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 11:49 pm
amother wrote:
I don't have $$ to buy myself something for yom tov. I keep on wearing the same knit all the time for shabbos/and yom tov, even though it's a bit over dressed for a regular shabbos. too bad that's all that I have, so if u see me in the street wearing a knit outfit on a regular shabbos- then you will know why I am wearing it. (it's the only shabbos thing I have)
Luckily I got a robe last year on sale and it still fits me, so a robe I also have.

I dont have the "minhag" of buying s/t new for yom tov, but I do have the minhag of wearing s/t that fits so I have to buy s/t.

I dont want to spend alot of money. I dont want to be in this size for longer so I got a black blazer/jacket thats a drop small on me (it was on sale - no bigger size available, but it works). I will wear it open w/ a black tshirt and black skirt (that I already have) and im going to buy a nice scarf that will dress it up and give it color. simple, classical, cheap, fits quite a range of sizes (maternity included).

now I just have to find time with my kids home from school to find a scarf that the right color/material

octopus

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 11:50 pm
amother wrote:
amother wrote:

I dont have the "minhag" of buying s/t new for yom tov, but I do have the minhag of wearing s/t that fits so I have to buy s/t.

I dont want to spend alot of money. I dont want to be in this size for longer so I got a black blazer/jacket thats a drop small on me (it was on sale - no bigger size available, but it works). I will wear it open w/ a black tshirt and black skirt (that I already have) and im going to buy a nice scarf that will dress it up and give it color. simple, classical, cheap, fits quite a range of sizes (maternity included).

now I just have to find time with my kids home from school to find a scarf that the right color/material

do you live near H&M? They have nice scarves ranging between $9 and $12.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics