Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Subconscious complex with being in shape

amother

Post Mon, Apr 13 2009, 8:27 pm
I think I realized why I keep sabotaging every time I lost a little weight. I think it might be because my nobody in my immediate family is in their normal weight range. everyone is plump. so I don't wan't to be different or they should think I don't eat or worry about me. I don't want them talking about me or saying why I don't eat cake.
does this make any sense? what should I do?

sneakermom

Post Thu, Apr 23 2009, 1:21 pm
Our subconscious always plays a role in our eating habits. I have also struggled with this but in a different way. I think I am afraid to be thin, as if I would be more vulnerable in some way. I think over the years I have developed a coping mechanism in which I push things down my throat to calm myself down in some way, and also to keep myself heavy. Heavy for me feels safe. I want to work on this too....so I definitely understand where you are coming from. I do have a thought on how to deal with this, it has been proven that keeping a food journal, writing down what you eat every day does contribute to weight loss, I would add that adding some of your thoughts about how this process is going for you....sort of like a diary about your feelings about weight loss would help you address your issues about your changing body size. Just let your mind go...and write things down without censoring your thoughts, your might be surprised what you can discover! Wishing you the best of luck!

soulful music

Post Thu, Apr 23 2009, 2:08 pm
[quote="sneakermom"]Our subconscious always plays a role in our eating habits. I have also struggled with this but in a different way. I think I am afraid to be thin, as if I would be more vulnerable in some way. I think over the years I have developed a coping mechanism in which I push things down my throat to calm myself down in some way, and also to keep myself heavy. Heavy for me feels safe. I want to work on this too....so I definitely understand where you are coming from. I do have a thought on how to deal with this, it has been proven that keeping a food journal, writing down what you eat every day does contribute to weight loss, I would add that adding some of your thoughts about how this process is going for you....sort of like a diary about your feelings about weight loss would help you address your issues about your changing body size. Just let your mind go...and write things down without censoring your thoughts, your might be surprised what you can discover! Wishing you the best of luck![/quote]

Yes,that is a good idea!

I find that EFT is a big help for deep issues like self sabotage. You could check it out online at emofree.com.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise