Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
What should I have her do tomorrow?

Mimisinger

Post Tue, May 05 2009, 11:42 pm
So, lately I've had a cleaning lady come every Wednesday morning for 4 hours. Last week I had her come, and then promptly went away for a week. So, she's coming tomorrow and I have nothing for her to do.

Now meanwhile, I do not have an organized house at all but what should I have her do? Organize drawers (don't really care about that), linen closet (actually a good idea, but a waste because no one can see it), organize the guest room (I'd have to be next to her to help do that, and I have 2 kids to watch), organize the basement (a REAL mess, but the last time she did that w/o me asking, she mixed everything up and I have to redo it all, because I have to explain everything, and be there next to her), she could clean my fridge, though it's pretty clean...

So, what do you suggest? I basically have a cleanish house, not much to do, and four hours I have to pay someone for (I feel like I have to pay because I did not cancel early enough).

IY"H we should all have only such problems...

ROFL

Post Tue, May 05 2009, 11:59 pm
you can send her to me ! LOL I had to give up a cleaning lady in Jan and am doing everything myself (after working a more than full time job !!
seriously you can have her clean the windows ( and the screens there is always ugly black stuff when I open my windows) organized linen closets are great -- you may even find stuff you never knew you had Smile

Mama Bear

Post Wed, May 06 2009, 12:07 am
whoa!!! I wait with bated breath for my cleaning lady to come save me from drowning in my own messy house on wednesdays!!! your house doesnt need a good mopping once a week?

your cleaning lady can do your fridge, mop up all the floors, spray all the windows, do the toilet....

Mimisinger

Post Wed, May 06 2009, 12:14 am
Mama - She came last Wednesday, we went away Thursday morning and came back tonight....We weren't in the house to make a mess - usually she saves us, but we just weren't here this week. The floors, the toilets, everything was just done! We haven't even showered since she washed it!

catonmylap

Post Wed, May 06 2009, 12:51 am
What about the fridge & oven?

And if all else is done, what about the windows?

I wish we had that problem!

sarahd

Post Wed, May 06 2009, 5:33 am
Laundry, ironing? Polish the furniture?

MimsCH

Post Wed, May 06 2009, 5:56 am
I had that problem yesterday...in the end she did the ironing and also polished my silver.

Aribenj

Post Wed, May 06 2009, 9:40 am
polish silver, wash windows (both will get dirty whether you were home or not)

Or, you could have HER watch your kids while YOU do whatever organizing you need to do.

MiamiMommy

Post Wed, May 06 2009, 10:04 am
What about all the laundry?

zyms

Post Wed, May 06 2009, 10:53 am
wash all the walls - get down at kid-level and see how smudged they are (mine are!).
wash the chandelier/light fixture - mine is incredibly dusty.

pinkbubbles

Post Wed, May 06 2009, 11:08 am
dust?

Fabulous

Post Wed, May 06 2009, 11:14 am
another vote for windows, window sills, ac vents, walls, silver.

greenfire

Post Wed, May 06 2009, 11:20 am
hm ... maybe tell her to make dinner and watch the kiddies while you run errands - or go for coffee ...

Blair

Post Wed, May 06 2009, 12:43 pm
Such problems what to tell the maid to do................. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

sarahd

Post Wed, May 06 2009, 4:39 pm
Blair, the rolling-eye icons are quite uncalled for. Be thankful that you don't have such problems and don't be snarky about others who do.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, May 06 2009, 4:45 pm
I didn't think it was snarky. Truthfully, the problem is not exactly World Hunger.

de_goldy

Post Wed, May 06 2009, 8:54 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
I didn't think it was snarky. Truthfully, the problem is not exactly World Hunger.

and therefore it deserves an eyeroll?

wearing t-shirts or button down shirts is not exactly world hunger either, right?

Raizle

Post Wed, May 06 2009, 9:03 pm
Blair and chocolate moose I don't think the OP is actually complaining but rather she is asking for suggestions. There is nothing wrong with that.

OP I'd go with the windows and sills or any other intensive jobs that you only do once in a while when you get the chance.
If you still can't think of anything then do you know anyone looking for a cleaner that you can lend yours to?

Mimisinger

Post Wed, May 06 2009, 9:09 pm
For those being rude - BLAIR, did you read the last sentence of my post? IY"H we should all have such problems...and yes, moose, I know that it's not about world hunger - I didn't realize that world hunger, slavery and huge disasters were all this site was for.

I know it's not such a big deal, but why can't I ask it on this board?

Anyway, for those who care, I had her organize the linen closet, clean the rooms, make the beds, wash the kitchen and bathroom floor. She also for some reason washed my door and the cabinets (on the inside)....

I didn't have any laundry to do, having done it all...

But thanks for those who tried to help.

Raizle

Post Wed, May 06 2009, 9:58 pm
Quote:
She also for some reason washed my door and the cabinets (on the inside)....

well they do need to get done sometimes. I always find grime or dirt on places like the insides of doors that I don't expect it to be there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry