Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Class room

supermama2

Post Thu, May 07 2009, 1:46 pm
Perhaps this should be in the homeschooling forum but I want the perspective of teachers who work outside of the home.
This is the situation: I have two places in my home to teach my older kids. 1. the dining room table, it's spacious and in an open area. The plus is that the younger kids can play within eye sight in the living room..down side it the younger kids playing is distracting for older kids. 2. A small office area with folding tables I can put up. It's good in that the older kids KNOW that they don't leave the room till break or the like down side is that it's a small room. Given this info. which place would you say is best for learning? I'll start them with 1st and 3rd grade soon. TIA!

Sarah

Mimisinger

Post Thu, May 07 2009, 2:00 pm
It depends on the kids. Are they more claustrophobic? (Is it that small?) If it's not too mall, like cubby-like, I would say that it's much preferred to be in a small room, than one that is distracting. Just make sure they have enough room for their books, notebooks, etc.

supermama2

Post Thu, May 07 2009, 6:26 pm
Well they have plenty of room for books and tables, it's just a small room that's all. I appreciate the reply! Smile

mummy-bh

Post Thu, May 07 2009, 7:41 pm
from your description I would say the smaller room sounds like the better option if your younger kids are likely to disturb and the older ones get distracted easily. You can always move to the larger table when necessary, eg if you're working on a project that needs a bit more space.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics