Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
DD HATES CHICKEN AND VEGGIES

SunLover

Post Sun, May 10 2009, 6:25 pm
my 8 month old DD gags every time I try feeding her chicken or chicken with veggies even. she ONLY eats the fruit ones....any tips? is it bad that she eats mostly fruit? I try to mix as much as I can but most of the tme I have to cover up the veggies with fruit and chicken she just wont eat nomatter what...

chocolate moose

Post Sun, May 10 2009, 7:23 pm
is it boiled and pureed ? maybe the consistency isn't thin enough.

cassandra

Post Sun, May 10 2009, 8:31 pm
Yes, my daughter wouldn't eat chicken and most vegetables as a baby. She's 3 now and still won't, she's a pure vegetarian who never ate meat in her life. Speak to your doctor, mine said that between the fruit, yogurt, cheese and carrots that she DOES eat she's doing fine.

grin

Post Mon, May 11 2009, 1:12 am
IMO, and as demonstrated by Dr. Brazelton years ago, a long as you're offering her a wide choice of wholesome non-sweetened foods, you can rely on her to choose what her body needs to grow and be healthy, so you can relax and follow her food pref's, but try all sorts of stuff to find out what she likes.

I don't recall my infants eating iron-rich foods so early, just fruit and maybe some vegetables - try sweet potatoes? Maybe she's not that hungry and doesn't needs so much supplementing? Maybe try again in a month or 2? If she still doesn't like chicken when the pediatrician says she needs it, how about other sources of iron, such as eggs, fish, whole tahini or the like?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics