Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
I said shir hashirim and I feel weird stopping

amother

Post Wed, Jul 15 2009, 4:03 pm
I said shir hashirim when I found out I was pregnant and that there might be a problem early on. I said it 40 days. B"H I got through the first trimester with Hashems help.
Now I feel weird just stopping to say it. There is still a pregnancy to daven for. In a way I felt that saying shir hashirim protected me but I know it's Hashem who protected me. But now I don't know if I should be saying it another 40 days or if it's time to stop and to say it again down the road. I'm confused. I feel a void about not saying it but at the same time don't want to "over" do it. And it does take time and commitment to say. Any words of wisdom?

blondie

Post Thu, Jul 16 2009, 3:05 am
I've done it before too, and it's very uplifting and I loved it.
You can start another round but for something or someone else if you don't want to say it for yourself again. Perhaps for someone else to have children?

LuckyMum

Post Thu, Jul 16 2009, 3:27 am
I know what you mean - I felt the same way after saying it for 40 days to get engaged. B'H I got engaged afew weeks later. I felt funny stopping it so I continued saying it every friday night after I light.

HealthCoach

Post Sun, Jul 19 2009, 12:54 am
It does feel weird stopping. You should do whatever you feel comfortable with. Saying it for someone/something else is a good idea. Another idea is you can try saying something else for 40 days either now or in a while. Perek Shira is also nice.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions