Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Shabbos mode question for West Bend and other hot water urns

binah918

Post Tue, Jul 07 2009, 5:38 am
We've been in Israel for many years and have always used urns with a Shabbos mode. We'll be moving to the States in a few weeks and want to order all my kitchen supplies online so they're waiting for us when we arrive. Are urns sold by mainstream (I.e. not frum) retailers like Amazon Shabbos friendly? I'm sure not all are, so could you please give me specific recommendations for brands/models. I'd like the kind with a spout (not a pump) and I hope to pay no more than $40.

They sell the "West Bend 58030 12-30 Automatic Party Perk" on Amazon for a decent price so if someone can tell me about this urn in particular it would be great.

Thanks!

ckrell

Post Wed, Jul 29 2009, 2:40 pm
Check Walmart.com. I bought an urn there a few years back. I don't remember the price but I'm sure it was under $40. I think it's West Bend - it's the only kind they carry. There's no on/off switch so it stays on until I unplug it after Havdalah.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen