Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Keeping blanket inside the duvet

pobody's nerfect

Post Thu, Jul 23 2009, 8:04 am
Does anyone have any tips on how to keep the comforter inside the duvet/blanket cover so it doesn't bunch up?

I've always been a bit of a thrasher, but with a twin blanket it was ok. Now that I share a bed with my husband (bH I'm expecting so it's been a while since I had my own bed), it's getting to be a huge problem with the king sized blanket.

I've tried tying the corners of the comforter into the strings in the corners of the duvet, but it got pulled out. I've tried safety pins, but we ended up getting poked. I'm at my wits end! Please help!

Pizza

Post Thu, Jul 23 2009, 8:26 am
maybe go back to a twin - one for you, one for dh?

greenfire

Post Thu, Jul 23 2009, 8:26 am
I've given up on trying - they inevitably get all discombobbled ...

maybe go back to 2 smaller ones ... What

Ezrachar

Post Tue, Jul 28 2009, 9:59 am
I've done safety pins with great success - if youbuy the HUGE ones they don't come apart as easily. Conversely, you COULD take a needle and thread and sew a few stitches into each corner...

daisy

Post Tue, Jul 28 2009, 10:20 am
I'm watching this thread. DD has the same problem, and it's nearly impossible for her to make her bed normally. I'm thinking of getting her a regular quilt, but don't really want to spend the $.

blondie

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 10:59 am
A woman once came to my door selling this innovative thing she made to solve your problem exactly.
I bought a few of them- didn't use them much- bought them b/c she obviously needed the money- but anyway basically she had taken a small piece of wide elastic and attached a clip to either end, the kind that's on a pair of suspenders. It was a cute idea. You could make them yourself. You clip one end of it into the inside corner of the cover, and the other end of it onto that corner of blanket that is supposed to sit there, and it should stay put.

Mommastuff

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 11:51 am
or if you're good with a needle and thread:
you could sew on a button on each corner (and side too if you wanted) of the blanket. Then inside the cover you could sew on button-holed elastic (cut so it has only one hole) or make a small loop with plain thin elastic for every button.

Here is what I'm talking about: button-holed elastic

Fox

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 12:18 pm
I've tried a few things over the years with variable success:

Method 1: I sewed strips of grosgrain ribbon on each corner of the comforter, and I sewed a small, 1/2" plastic loop on each inside corner of the duvet. The combination of grosgrain ribbon (which was a bit thicker than other types of ribbon/string) and the hard plastic loop seemed to be relatively successful.

Method 2: I sewed Velcro onto the comforter and the inside corners of the duvet. Just be sure to sew the "loops" onto the comforter and and "hooks" onto the duvet. Otherwise, laundry will be a bit frustrating.

Method 3: I gave up and bought regular comforters!

Method 4: I gave up and bought electric blankets and bedspreads!

MiamiMommy

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 12:47 pm
At many linen stores, you can buy duvet cover clips. They look like the clips on the bottoms of kids suspenders. I use them on all my duvet covers- they work great!

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.co.....13465

Nomad

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 1:09 pm
these may look funny, but im guessing theyll work...

http://www.staples.com/Staples.....EARCH
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics