Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Very dry smoked turkey breast...

mom23

Post Fri, Aug 07 2009, 5:58 pm
I had a rough week. We are going out tomorrow for lunch B"H and I bought most of the food for Friday night. I bought a whole smoked turkey breast and just tasted it. It is soooo dry, barely edible. I can cut some up and dress it in a salad, but would love to salvage it as a main course - any ideas?

ShakleeMom

Post Fri, Aug 07 2009, 6:02 pm
put it on the blech to warm with some duck sauce + any other steak sauce. It will rejuvenate. You can also slice an onion in to the bottom of the pan.

mom23

Post Fri, Aug 07 2009, 6:18 pm
I would never have thought of duck sauce. Thanks for the quick reply. Just another quick question - is the duck sauce too sweet for the smokey flavor?

ShakleeMom

Post Fri, Aug 07 2009, 6:57 pm
I wouldn't think so. If you're worried, do 1 part duck sauce to 2 parts steak sauce. maybe add a bit of water to make it thinner and not so sticky. What time will you be serving it? Can I come lick the pot? G'Shabbos.

mom23

Post Sun, Aug 09 2009, 9:07 am
Shaklee - I didn't have time to come back online before Shabbos to see your answer, but I brushed a thin layer of duck sauce on each slice of turkey before warming it up and let me tell you it was the perfect solution!

Thank you for saving my turkey for shabbos!

greenfire

Post Sun, Aug 09 2009, 10:09 am
honey smoke barbeque sauce ...

ShakleeMom

Post Sun, Aug 09 2009, 10:10 am
yummety-yum!

greenfire

Post Sun, Aug 09 2009, 10:16 am
ShakleeMom wrote:
Can I come lick the pot?
did you mean smokey Drunken Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey