Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Help!! How to get magic marker off paneling????

ckrell

Post Sun, Aug 09 2009, 10:47 pm
Hi,
I rent a house from a real strict landlord who gets upset over the slightest things. I know he'll be real upset over this. My granddaughter just covered all over the bedroom wall with marker Scratching Head . The wall is covered in paneling (the old kind - like from the 1970's).

Does anyone have any suggestions (besides hiding the markers LOL )?

zz-ez

Post Sun, Aug 09 2009, 10:52 pm
Sol-u-mel from Melaleuca takes off permanent magic marker. Ask your friends if anyone has some and could let you have some.

bubby

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 12:07 am
You could try Goo-Gone (is it Goo Be-Gone??) but maybe test it first on some hidden part in case it also removes paint/staining. What about those Magic Erasers? My DD says it great for getting marker out.

Atali

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 12:15 am
Orange oil.

I managed to remove the permanent marker off of wood furniture a year later by using it.

ckrell

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 12:23 am
No one I know has any Sol-u-mel. I did check their website and it looks good. I'll stop at a health food store in my area tomorrow and see if they have it. If they don't, they'll order it for me.

I've used Goo-gone (I'm not sure of the exact name either) last year to get crayon off wood furniture. It didn't remove or damage the finish but was only able to remove some of the crayon marks. The rest were just faded. This time it's marker, so I'm willing to give it a shot.

My DD suggested the Magic Erasers too.

Orange oil sounds like it may be like the Goo-gone (at least that smelled like orange).

I guess I'm going shopping tomorrow. I really need to stock up on these things since my granddaughter loves coloring on things other that paper!

Thanks so much for all your suggestions! I'll post again when I find the "magic" treatment.

Flowerpot

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 1:19 am
HAIR SPRAY DOES THE MAGIC!!!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry