Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
What made you decide to open your type of business?

amother

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 7:44 am
I am looking to open a business from home but have yet to come up with what I want to work with. For those of you who have opened your own business either from home or store, what made you decide to go into the line you're in?

Mrs.K

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 8:04 am
I think 2 main influences of a work at home business may be passion and connections.

1. You should work in something you are passionate about. Some people love children's clothing. Some people love hats/snoods/hosiery, some people love eveningwear. It must be something you enjoy working with or you won't enjoy your work and your selection won't be as nice since it lacks your enthusiasm.

2. Sometimes, people start home businesses because a friend or relative is an importer or wholesaler of that item. It's less of a hassle to open your business when the, "But how will I get the stuff from China?" aspect is all taken care of.

Good luck!

amother

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 8:22 am
I'm a graphics designer, bec. I love graphics. I have an extreme satisfaction when I see a nice printed piece of paper. I love to see my things in publications

Twizzlers

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 9:13 am
I felt that there was a real need in my community for the merchandise I sell. and I also had a backup plan of what I could do with all the merchandise should the business fail. if you want more info, feel free to pm me. if I post it here, this thread will get closed.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers