Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Ner Israel in Baltimore

amother

Post Tue, Mar 07 2006, 10:41 am
Has anyone's husband studied at Ner Israel in Baltimore?

If so, for what ages/how long? Did he receive smicha? Did he leave and receive smicha somewhere else? Did he leave to study secular subjects somwhere else (Although I know of at least a couple men who did that simultaneously)

DRV

Post Tue, Mar 07 2006, 10:51 am
My husband is learning in Ner Yisroel now. He's been here for two years and really likes it. He is actually in a smicha chabura now, taking his first smicha test around Pesach A"H. My husband actually had a degree before he came to Ner Yisroel... why do you ask?

amother

Post Wed, Mar 08 2006, 12:09 am
Because there are many men in my community who studied there... but it seems most of the women here are Chabad... so I was curious...

tziviakayla

Post Wed, Mar 08 2006, 12:30 am
My husband studied at Ner Yisroel for over 7 years in the kollel. He received smicha there. We left Baltimore 2 1/2 years ago. My husband received his secular degrees before he learned in Eretz Yisroel and then in Baltmore.

goldrose

Post Wed, Mar 08 2006, 8:31 am
Quote:
Because there are many men in my community who studied there... but it seems most of the women here are Chabad... so I was curious...

most ppl who are chabad will not have studied at ner israel

amother

Post Wed, Mar 08 2006, 8:51 am
My husband learned in Ner Yisroel, he learned there for about 5 years, while getting his masters in Johns Hopkins at night.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 08 2006, 9:46 am
all those involved in Ner Yisroel, say hi to my uncle! hes one of the R"Y there.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 08 2006, 3:23 pm
my husband is in the Ner Kollel now. He's been there for almost 2 years. he hasn't gone to college at all during this time, but he plans to this summer- he only has 2 classes left to finish his degree.
There are no secular studies in the kollel, so the only way to get a college degree is from somewhere else, unless you get a BTL. There are secular classes in the HS though.
My dh has a specialized smicha not really through Ner, though he got while learning at Ner.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 08 2006, 3:25 pm
sorry amother, I don't see the roshei yeshiva that often! Rolling Eyes

buba123

Post Thu, Mar 09 2006, 12:05 pm
My dh learned there for 2 years before we got married. He took courses at Johns Hopkins at the same time. No s'micha though!

ChavieK

Post Thu, Mar 09 2006, 12:38 pm
My husband learned in Ner.He got a BTL & went to law school. My son graduated Ner HS,is in Yeshiva in Israel now & wants to come back to Ner & get a college degree at the same time.

Motek

Post Sun, Mar 12 2006, 10:21 am
amother wrote:
sorry amother, I don't see the roshei yeshiva that often! Rolling Eyes

and if you did? would you know who was amother's uncle? Wink

ShiraMiri

Post Sun, Mar 12 2006, 4:52 pm
MY DH went to Ner for HS. No smicha. He went on to study for 2 years in Israel, then on to college and Med School.

I love my NIRC guy!!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics