Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Shalach Manos Postmortem

Mommy912

Post Wed, Mar 15 2006, 9:08 am
What was the cutest/most original shalach manos that you got?

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Mar 15 2006, 9:57 am
DD got a Chocoholic Box with choc. bars and wafers.

slimnglam

Post Wed, Mar 15 2006, 9:58 am
I got a mini water cooler with a set of chumashim with a little sign underneath-"Im Ein Mayim Ain Torah".

cl

Post Wed, Mar 15 2006, 10:05 am
I didnt get any original stuff altho I did get a couple of really nicely packaged MMs. One had a wine bottle in the middle of a sectioned plastic tray filled with small meringues and candies and the other was a vase filled with food.
My mum got a breakfast tray with milk, croissants etc an she really appreciated it as she had just returned from abroad and didnt have anything for breakfast!

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Wed, Mar 15 2006, 11:06 am
the smartest one I got: a cold-cut sandwich, pickle and soda!

cindy324

Post Wed, Mar 15 2006, 3:37 pm
Postmortem??? What's death got to do with it? I don't get it

Mommy912

Post Wed, Mar 15 2006, 3:59 pm
It is just a term used after something is over when you look and see how it went. My sense of humor is a bit wacked today after overdosing on junk food and underdosing on sleep.
But it is in the dictionary:
Postmortem: Informal. An analysis or review of a finished event.

jewgal84

Post Wed, Mar 15 2006, 4:01 pm
We got a wine bottle dressed in a chinese dress and 2 chinese cartons filled with fortune cookies!!

jewgal84

Post Wed, Mar 15 2006, 4:02 pm
BrachaVHatzlocha wrote:
the smartest one I got: a cold-cut sandwich, pickle and soda!

I noticed at my causins house, the daughter received a hot-dog, bun, pickle, relish and a coke!

(We personally don't eat from anyone that sends us food out of a package ie: no baked goods etc)

shanie5

Post Wed, Mar 15 2006, 4:47 pm
a glass fishbowl, with colored 'rocks' that are actually chocolate, three jelly fish on toothpicks attached to styrofoam, two plastic sea creatures, and a piece of greenery too.

this actually came second to mine-but them I'm a meshugena when it comes to purim-with a theme that includes costumes (for the whole family), with matching shalach manos and a poem to tie it all together.

2 more interesting ones: "have a grape purim" with grapes, grape juice, and grape nosh.

"have a corny purim" with popcorn,, corn chips and candy corn in a popcorn bag.

mother of 2 princess's

Post Wed, Mar 15 2006, 5:08 pm
our school had a theme. the 7 days of creation and 7 years since the school started. cant remeber what was in it but things like a bottle of water, ladybird chocolates, sun and moon chocolates, tuna fish, seeds, kidddish cup. very cute idea.

also my freind made us a really cute plate of cakes homemade really proffessional.

queen

Post Wed, Mar 15 2006, 9:02 pm
cutting board, cheese knife, fancy chunk of cheese and bottle of wine.

"Drunken Donuts"

Sunflower theme: real flower pot with chocolate cake ontop representing dirt. Under cake (inside pot): sunflower seeds, mini bottle of water and bag of gummy worms. Picture of their baby dressed up as sunflower sticking out of the top of MM.

mom3boys

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 8:02 am
I got one that had a tag in a shape of a sombrero (don't know how to spell it) that read, " Happy Purim Amigos". Inside was a big bad of corn chips, jar of salsa, jar of olives, a big bottle of Corona beer and maracas (mexican musical instrument)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics