Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Mishloach manos for your husband...advice from recent widow
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 8:51 am
A friend of mine who lost her husband, recently in his 30s, shared a picture of Mishloach manos she gave her husband last Purim.

She made a breakfast that including vegetables packed in devided container, rolls and a medium Jack Daniels and packed it in a very nice box.

She added that she is sharing the idea so that should be leilui nishmat for her husband. I love the idea so I decided to share.

May purim bring a lot of Shalom Bayis to everyone's home. A well fed husband is a happier & calmer husband.

busy mommy

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 12:02 pm
love this! It should be a zechus for her husband's neshama.

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 12:44 pm
Wow amen beautiful

amother
Cadetblue

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 1:13 pm
This is so nice.

thank you for sharing I am inspired now to make a special breakfast!

lamplighter

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 2:26 pm
Im confused. What does it mean to give MM to a husband?
Wrap up a breakfast for him to unwrap and eat in your own home?

scintilla

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 2:30 pm
amother Cadetblue wrote:
This is so nice.

thank you for sharing I am inspired now to make a special breakfast!

Me too!

amother
Narcissus

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 3:06 pm
I thought ishto kgufo and husband and wife don't give eachother

amother
Molasses

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 3:12 pm
amother Narcissus wrote:

its not about the mitzvah
Its more of a why not Im giving fancy mm to my parents and in laws for appreciation why not give something to my husband bec I really appreciate him too

amother
Cadetblue

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 3:12 pm
amother Narcissus wrote:

I dont think this is about the actual mitzvah of giving mishloach manos to your spouse.
its more of an opportunity, on a day of giving to everyone else, to stop and show your husband that you love him and care about him.

this is just a sweet idea.

lamplighter

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 3:59 pm
I guess now that MM is about hakaras hatov....
I'm all for the nice breakfast, my husband would be weirded out by a packaged MM from me.

amother
Obsidian

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 4:17 pm
lamplighter wrote:
Im confused. What does it mean to give MM to a husband?
Wrap up a breakfast for him to unwrap and eat in your own home?

Most years (when I remember early enough) I wrap up his favorite chocolate gift box or peanut chew box along with a boxed iced cappuccino that he likes and give it to him. So he knows I thought about him and not just the other 60 recipients on my list. MM to foster good feelings.

Busybee5

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 4:20 pm
amother Molasses wrote:
its not about the mitzvah
Its more of a why not Im giving fancy mm to my parents and in laws for appreciation why not give something to my husband bec I really appreciate him too

Yes, I give my husband something every year. Not a fancy breakfast though. I'm making a fancy quinoa salad for lunch, hopefully that counts. And I got him a nice chocolate bar 😊

lamplighter

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 4:52 pm
amother Obsidian wrote:
Most years (when I remember early enough) I wrap up his favorite chocolate gift box or peanut chew box along with a boxed iced cappuccino that he likes and give it to him. So he knows I thought about him and not just the other 60 recipients on my list. MM to foster good feelings.

This is very sweet!

amother
Molasses

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 5:09 pm
I read somewhere the main mitzvah is to give tzedakah but we give mm not to leave out the wealthy. Today it's the opposite....

zaq

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 5:57 pm
amother Cadetblue wrote:
I dont think this is about the actual mitzvah of giving mishloach manos to your spouse.
its more of an opportunity, on a day of giving to everyone else, to stop and show your husband that you love him and care about him.

this is just a sweet idea.
perhaps. But IMHO Purim is already so full of responsibilities for the akeret habayit that adding one more is inappropriate, if not downright masochistic. Any other day is just as good if not better to do something nice for a spouse.

amother
Hyssop

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 5:59 pm
Anyone's husband give them mm? Can't Believe It

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 6:11 pm
amother OP wrote:
A friend of mine who lost her husband, recently in his 30s, shared a picture of Mishloach manos she gave her husband last Purim.

She made a breakfast that including vegetables packed in devided container, rolls and a medium Jack Daniels and packed it in a very nice box.

She added that she is sharing the idea so that should be leilui nishmat for her husband. I love the idea so I decided to share.

May purim bring a lot of Shalom Bayis to everyone's home. A well fed husband is a happier & calmer husband.

I think that for whomever this speaks to, it's a lovely idea. And certainly appreciate the motivation behind this.
Personally, I already provide my husband with 3 nice meals a day. Don't see the need to pack one up and call it "mishloach Manot".

Busybee5

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 6:17 pm
amother Hyssop wrote:

He does usually give me something little.

Would you like to explain the hug?

Last edited by Busybee5 on Wed, Mar 20 2024, 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Cappuccino

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 8:06 pm
amother Hyssop wrote:

Yes!! My husband tries to put a few things in a bag that he thinks are treats for me!
I do the same for him from me "and the kids"
It is very thoughtful and on such a busy hectic day it's beautiful way to start.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 3:50 am
amother Jade wrote:
I think that for whomever this speaks to, it's a lovely idea. And certainly appreciate the motivation behind this.
Personally, I already provide my husband with 3 nice meals a day. Don't see the need to pack one up and call it "mishloach Manot".

You are certainly a great wife preparing 3 nice meal for your husband on purim.
Reading posts here and hearing from people irl, I realized that a lot of people don't have time on this hectic day to sit down for a proper breakfast and others don't have a meal until late afternoon (there was another thread about people haveng 1 or 2 meals). Breakfast seems to be a skipped meal or grab and go for the car on Purim.
Of course, everyone does what works for them. Everyone has a different love language ect. It was something I never heard or thought of before so I shared.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics