Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Where to buy skirts?

TwinsMommy

Post Wed, Sep 02 2009, 1:15 pm
my daughter will be 3 in January so starting this fall we'll put her only in skirts...... so I'm working on her fall/winter wardrobe now.... the skirts at target/walmart aren't long enough and the skirts at the frummy places are too expensive. She's about a 3T --- the 4T's are going to be too big in the waist.

Jumpers and dresses aren't a problem (4ts are fine there and they're long enough) , but where do you get skirts? I already have sweaters and sweatshirts for her so I don't want to JUST put her in dresses all the time....

thanks!

mom23

Post Wed, Sep 02 2009, 1:28 pm
I'm not sure what the children's place has out now in terms of skirts, but I love that they have the adjustable waistband in many of their pieces. This way you can get a 4T in terms of length and then make it fit her by the waist by adjusting the elastic.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Sep 02 2009, 2:43 pm
You can use jumpers with the shirts and sweatshirts on top of jumpers...Skirts can be a problem because not only do they have to be long enough, but they also have to fit waist wise.

chaylizi

Post Wed, Sep 02 2009, 2:58 pm
my kids all needed adjustable waists. all their skirts are from old navy, gap or gymboree (although if you have a tall child, you will need to size up & adjust the waist all the way. This stopped working for me around size 5. My 6 year old is so tall & skinny that finding skirts are nearly impossible outside of Brooklyn).

chaylizi

Post Wed, Sep 02 2009, 2:59 pm
also Landsend has skirts

Atali

Post Wed, Sep 02 2009, 3:13 pm
I have had the best luck in consignment shops. They often have a fair amount that are in excellent condition, probably since their non-Jewish previous owners wore pants more often.

TwinsMommy

Post Thu, Sep 03 2009, 8:22 pm
thanks everyone!

greenfire

Post Thu, Sep 03 2009, 9:00 pm
I've always found skirts/dresses at kids r us like oshkosh, then I've gotten stuff at gymboree, gap, old navy, - trick is to wait for the sale cause they are always being marked down ...

malkie

Post Fri, Sep 04 2009, 7:59 am
If you check out the Childrens Place website, in the description of each skirt it says whether it is below the knee or not.

Pickle Lady

Post Fri, Sep 04 2009, 8:22 am
childrens place stop making thier skirts with the adjustable waist. Lands End doesn't have any skirts right now for little girls, but they do have some dresses. There are some frum stores online that sell little girl skirts for $20 and under. The truth is that your best bet is either used or frum stores. My daughter is 3 and on the smaller side. I was looking at all the usual stores online and didn't find anything. They are all short skirts. Childrens Place does have a few skirts that falls just to the knee though if you don't mind. Gap and Old Navy only have short skirts for her age.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics