Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
I cant get the laundry stains out!

Mrs. Mommy

Post Mon, Sep 14 2009, 6:09 pm
I dont know what I'm doing wrong. I spray all the stains with shout stain removal spray before I put it in the washing machine but there are always stains that dont ome out! any laundry tips for getting out tough stains?!

NotInNJMommy

Post Mon, Sep 14 2009, 6:20 pm
a) treat stain promptly, or at least get it in cold water
b)many sprays are for use immediately before laundering, do not use earlier; stain stick is good for pretreating when you aren't immediately going to launder
c)soak it--if the stain isn't protein based---used the hottest water you can
d)if not protein based, use the hottest water you can to wash, and DO NOT DRY in the dryer until you know the stain is out. If there's a safek, let it air dry.
e)sometimes it takes a few runs through, and if the material can take it, the toughest cycle.

louche

Post Mon, Sep 14 2009, 6:21 pm
1. treat stains as soon as possible. the longer they sit, the harder they are to remove, esp. if they sit in a hot place.

2. always start with cool water for protein stains or if you don't know what the stain is. Hot water is for grease stains, but if it's a mix (like mayonnaise, containing both oil and egg), you have to get the protein out first. Hot water will set protein stains and make them impossible to remove.

3. let the stain remover have some time to work rather than spraying and throwing the garment right into the machine.

4. check what kind of stains the spray is good for. some are better on grease, some on protein. some on dyes.

5. look up stain removal techniques online. you may need something more sophisticated than just using shout.

6. sometimes you have to do things the old-fashioned way and actually scrub.

7, realize that some stains are going to be permanent and there is nothing you can do about them once they're set.

Mirabelle

Post Mon, Sep 14 2009, 6:29 pm
I like Oxyclean spray.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry