Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Table Decor for R"H

happy2beme

Post Fri, Sep 18 2009, 10:50 am
Can anyone think of some decor to put on the table to make it more festive for R"H?

I was thinking of making horns (looks like a shofar) & filling it with little candies and leaving it each place setting.

Any other ideas?

katb

Post Fri, Sep 18 2009, 10:54 am
do you have anything pomegranate themed? I know there are lots of things e.g. salt and pepper etc which are pomegranate shaped which people tend to have. My in laws have a ton of these things.

I'm just planning on using a few dishes which I have which are for rosh hashanah e.g. apples dishes.

Not very helpful, sorry!

happy2beme

Post Fri, Sep 18 2009, 10:59 am
thanks for your ideas. At least now I know I should look for some apple plates for next year! Too bad I woke up so late! Wonder what I could do last minute?

NotInNJMommy

Post Fri, Sep 18 2009, 11:07 am
DS picked me a (still yellow) dandelion yesterday and put it in a 9 oz plastic cup. When I got home, he presented it to me and said it's for the RH seuda.

So, guess I have a wilted closed up dandelion in a plastic cup.

Your ideas sound better.

Tova

Post Fri, Sep 18 2009, 11:13 am
My grandmother once got my parents a challah cover just for Rosh Hashana!
It has embroidered pomegranate, fish, shofar, etc.

It really makes the table look Yom-Tov-dig.

BennysMommy

Post Fri, Sep 18 2009, 11:48 am
if u have any tall round vases like this but wider, you can fill them up with apples. Looks pretty and festive. You can even place a candle like this on top.

louche

Post Fri, Sep 18 2009, 11:51 am
NotInNJMommy wrote:
DS picked me a (still yellow) dandelion yesterday and put it in a 9 oz plastic cup. When I got home, he presented it to me and said it's for the RH seuda.

oh, but that's so sweet! sometimes I miss--only a little!--the goofy projects dc used to bring home to decorate the house. of course I hated them at the time (the projects, not the dc!), especially the ones with glitter that fell off all over the floor, but you can't say they weren't festive. It does feel funny putting a grubby little egg-carton flower bouquet or a papier-mache-and-pipe-cleaner kiddush cup (or wilted dandelion) on the table with the fine china and silver, but most guests are understanding.

NotInNJMommy

Post Fri, Sep 18 2009, 11:57 am
louche wrote:
NotInNJMommy wrote:

oh, but that's so sweet! sometimes I miss--only a little!--the goofy projects dc used to bring home to decorate the house. of course I hated them at the time (the projects, not the dc!), especially the ones with glitter that fell off all over the floor, but you can't say they weren't festive. It does feel funny putting a grubby little egg-carton flower bouquet or a papier-mache-and-pipe-cleaner kiddush cup (or wilted dandelion) on the table with the fine china and silver, but most guests are understanding.

It is sweet. I actually do have a tissue paper ,e tc. shavuous bouquet from this year (tiny so we can see across the table) that I often put out. Luckily, we and our guests are laid back enough...and ds is so proud of himself. Smile

happy2beme

Post Fri, Sep 18 2009, 12:18 pm
Well DD said she made projects, but won't let me see them until R"H. So I'm just hoping one of them are for the table!

NotInNewJerseyMom, I think that's so sweet! I love those moments... Ha, lucky you you got a dandelion. Ds picks up leaves for me to display Smile

happy2beme

Post Fri, Sep 18 2009, 12:18 pm
Thanks BennysMommy. That's a wonderful idea!

professionalmom

Post Fri, Sep 18 2009, 1:11 pm
Since we're having quite a few people, I print out name cards on the computer and I used a little clip art apple to decorate each one next to the person's name. When it's all set out it sort of gives everyone a little smile!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur