Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
When is fasting harder...when pregnant or nursing?

When is fasting harder... when pregnant or nursing?
Pregnant  
 35%  [ 25 ]
Nursing  
 64%  [ 46 ]
Total Votes : 71

mother2b

Post Thu, Sep 24 2009, 10:25 am
I was pregnant last Yom Kippur.. and now I'm nursing.. I'm wondering if I'll have it easier this time...Somhow I found that Tisha B'av was much harder for me than when I was pregnant. How is it by you?

DovDov

Post Thu, Sep 24 2009, 10:31 am
For me, pregnant wasn't any trouble at all, but nursing really kills me, particularly early in the nursing relationship (before baby is taking many solids) or when (like now) I'm nursing AND pregnant.

mimivan

Post Thu, Sep 24 2009, 10:39 am
nursing an older baby...(unless he's cutting down or in a gradually weaning process)

catonmylap

Post Thu, Sep 24 2009, 1:28 pm
Pregnant first trimester\or early second trimester means I need to lay in the bed the entire day to not throw up. It was doable at 16 weeks, I fear what it would be like earlier, think I would for sure need shiurim.

Nursing I started off strong at least, though I was really suffering at the end.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Sep 24 2009, 1:35 pm
I can't answer honestly since I've never fasted just pregnant. Only nursing or pregnant and nursing...

chaylizi

Post Thu, Sep 24 2009, 1:45 pm
I think that nursing and fasting during the 1st trimester are both pretty hard.

yersp

Post Thu, Sep 24 2009, 2:30 pm
I would think pregnant (though I've never nursed before) is harder. This is the first time that I'm pregnant in the second trimester and my doctor made me more nervous by telling me that I should sip water if I feel faint or if I haven't felt the baby move in while. When I was pregnant with DD over YK I was about 10 weeks along and it was a breeze. I felt fine. I'm nervous now because I live on Tums and how am I going to handle not having one when it helps me so much.

mominisrael2

Post Fri, Sep 25 2009, 8:17 am
Buhlight wrote:
This is the first time that I'm pregnant in the second trimester and my doctor made me more nervous by telling me that I should sip water if I feel faint or if I haven't felt the baby move in while.

Is this common that fasting causes the baby to move less? I fasted fine over Tisha B'Av when I was in my second trimester and actually felt like the baby was staging a full-scale protest in there over not getting fed! Smile

Zus

Post Fri, Sep 25 2009, 8:31 am
I am a really good faster, and I fast well on both.
But one year I was at the end of my first trimester and I felt sick fo days after YK.

BennysMommy

Post Fri, Sep 25 2009, 8:46 am
For me the answer is hands down pregnant! Pregnancy kills me. I'm a much better nurser than I am a pregnant woman.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur