Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
I had my target order shipped to the wrong address
Previous  1  2

Stepmum

Post Tue, Sep 29 2009, 8:47 am
DH had his laptop serviced, and Acer sent it back with DHL (a reputable company, like UPS). They delivered it early, and when DH checked the tracking site, it said that it had been signed for - the signature had the wrong initial. We asked my SIL to go check it out, and it wasn't on our doorstep. DH was obviously unhappy, especially as there were photos etc. on that laptop that we had no copy of (lesson learned!).

TG, when DH got home, a neighbour knocked on our door saying that he'd seen the box on the doorstep, and had taken it into his house for safekeeping. However, I'm still shocked that the delivery guy would fake the signature and leave a laptop in a communal area.

zigi

Post Tue, Sep 29 2009, 9:52 am
the tcp did that once, I used my dh's debit card I wrote the correct adress, I diuble checked it but ups sent it to his old adress. they just left it there. dh asked them to check to see if they saw a package but they didn't I got the money refunded in the end

Dini

Post Tue, Sep 29 2009, 12:10 pm
lech lecha08 wrote:
My non-Jewish neighbors once signed for the set of Beatachon CDs I had ordered. By the time I tracked down and figured out what had happened (since the store was saying it was delivered and signed for), they had skipped out in the middle of the night on 2 or 3 months rent.

I hope that you desputed the charge on your credit card.

Dini

Post Tue, Sep 29 2009, 12:12 pm
shakleemom, what's your website? I'm actually looking for a melaluca product but maybe you have s/th similar?

Mimisinger

Post Tue, Sep 29 2009, 12:55 pm
Oh how about when we ordered china from England??? Needless to say, it never arrived.

mominisrael2

Post Tue, Sep 29 2009, 1:07 pm
greenfire wrote:
Mimisinger wrote:
In Queens, there's a 75th road, 75th terrace, 75th circle, 75h avenue, etc. They're all right next to each other. Same thing with 73rd, but weirdly, by us, no 74th. Anyway, a lot of the address are the same. So, picture us being at 138-16 75th Road and it going to 138-16 75th Avenue. Just a block or two over, but same address...

yup the best place to get lost ... been there done that in queens ... what were they thinking Scratching Head

Oh, that brings back memories...I didn't live on a number street in my KGH days but lots of DH's relatives do -- good thing their mailman had been around for so long he was very good about getting everyone's mail to the right place...

Barbara

Post Tue, Sep 29 2009, 3:27 pm
Atali wrote:
Mimisinger wrote:
Well we had a high chair (not cheap mind you) sent to our correct address. usps/ups/ whatever, brought it to the wrong apartment. And they signed for it!!!

Dh found out, went looking for it, went to the address that's like ours and saw the box, and said, um that's ours, and took it.

If something like that had happened to me I would have signed for it to save you the trouble of getting it redelivered, and then brought it to your house when you arrived home. One of me neighbors did that for me once.

Maybe that is what they were thinking.

The delivery person comes to the door, says *delivery* while holding the package. I saym *hmmm, I wonder what DH ordered* and sign for it. Delivery person is long gone by time I look at the package and realize its not for us. If we know the people we call them. Otherwise, we return it to the delivery people the next day.

BlumaG

Post Tue, Sep 29 2009, 5:26 pm
OP why don't you reorder your target order then return the original order - that way you'll have your shirt and shoes (or whaever it was Smile for yom tov Smile
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains