Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Snap & go questions - please help!!!

cubbie

Post Wed, Sep 30 2009, 3:04 pm
I'm in Israel and they don't sell snap & go strollers here, so my parents neighbours have kindly agreed to bring me one from the states when they go in November, so I need to order it on line to them and therefore need to make sure that I'm bringing the right thing as I won't be able to exchange it.

I have a graco travel system - it's from 4 1/2 years ago and I'm not sure what the carseat is called - but it's a standard graco carseat that fits any graco stroller.

Does that mean that I have to get a graco snap & go or will any brand be compatible?

Is there any brand (kolcroft/graco etc) that is considered better or are they all the same thing?

If in the future I change carseat and buy a different brand - will it still be compatible with the snap & go?

Other than Target & Amazon where are good places to look on line to compare prices for me to order from?

TIA

melbee

Post Wed, Sep 30 2009, 3:11 pm
My SIL gave me her Snap & Go, so I can't answer most of your questions. I think as long as the carseat has that red release handle, it will fit in any stroller piece. However, I would suggest getting one of the older models, as I think they started making the newer ones not compatible with other brand carseats. For instance, DH's work got us a new Babytrend stroller for DS, and the older version is compatible with our Graco infant carseat, but the new version (the one we got) is not. So I think they started making them non-compatible. Hope this helps!

BlumaG

Post Wed, Sep 30 2009, 3:14 pm
albeebaby.com has gr8 prices
I think most brands fit most snap n gos but chiccos don't
I have a graco car seat with baby trend snap n go but they are both older

Mrs.K

Post Wed, Sep 30 2009, 3:17 pm
I have a Baby Trend frame with a Graco car seat. I got both in Israel.

cubbie

Post Wed, Sep 30 2009, 3:21 pm
Where did you get it from and how long ago?
Baby Michel used to import snap n go's but when I asked them they said they stopped a long while ago because there where customs issues with bringing them into the country.

Tamiri

Post Wed, Sep 30 2009, 3:22 pm
Someone brought me a snap n go which worked with my (then) 5 year old infant car seat. There was a bar piece which made the snap n go adaptable to diff kinds of seats. There should be all the specs on the website you buy from.
Regarding price: go to a comparison website such as epinions.com. Bizrate.com There should be prices and store names. See if there are any special offers. Look for online coupons. See if you can get free shipping. Etc.

Mrs.K

Post Wed, Sep 30 2009, 3:24 pm
I bought both at Chasdei Shmuel in Ezras Torah. I bought it for my third so it was bout 2 and a half years ago.

Tamiri

Post Wed, Sep 30 2009, 3:25 pm
I just checked my records. We paid $75.81 for a Snap N Go LX back in 2004, bought from babycenter.com. I guess we got free shipping (I know my purchasing habits LOL )

cubbie

Post Wed, Sep 30 2009, 3:30 pm
I've seen them on Amazon for $60, but I didn't check out the shipping charges yet

chocolatemilk

Post Wed, Sep 30 2009, 3:37 pm
if you buy the graco snap n go its only compatible with graco car seats
kolcraft universal snap n go can be used with many different carseats but you have to check the list of compatible carseats.
I have the kolcraft and I know its compatible with the graco snugride (which is the most common graco carseat) but make sure to check their list

http://www.kolcraft.com/enlarg.....D=489

I bought mine on amazon I think it was abt $40 (2 yrs ago)

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Sep 30 2009, 4:00 pm
I'd go with the Kolcraft -- it has the best basket of any of them and the largest wheels, and therefore I found it's the EASIEST to push. Especially in E"Y when you'll be using it probably to shop, etc, I'd definitely go with that brand.

cubbie

Post Thu, Oct 01 2009, 1:56 pm
Ok, so I just checked on Amazon and the Kolcraft is $55 including shipping - which seems a reasonable price to me. Thanks for all the help!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics