Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
October 2008 Babies!
Previous  1  2

Tehilla

Post Fri, Nov 28 2008, 6:38 am
wow, pinkbubbles--what a special person(s) to name after! I am in awe of the Abuchatzeira family. Very Happy

and chaylizi, yes, my girls both are lactose intolerant although it has eased up somewhat now that they are older. they can have minimal amounts of dairy, but no actual milk. and even that not too frequently. my husband and I are also like that...although when I'm pregnant I can eat milchigs constantly (and I utilize the chance!). B"H although he seems sensitive, it doesn't seem as bad as with my girls. so I sneak a tiny bit here and there and watch to see what happens.

GAMZu, glad the jumper makes your maidel look so girly LOL. we're still in size 1 diapers, but only one particular brand. the others are too small. he's definitely in 0-3 month clothes, and closer to just plain 3 months. although...he still pulls his legs up and gets stuck. LOL

GAMZu

Post Fri, Nov 28 2008, 12:28 pm
LOL about the getting stuck in his stretchie. One remedy I invented (that does not require silly pony holders Wink) is to put socks onto the feet under the stretchie. The friction won't let the feet slip out. Smile

Adel is fully out of 0-3, except for undershirts. She's mostly in 3-6, with some 6-9 separates fitting her (6-9 stretchies are too long, but separates are OK.)

GAMZu

Post Fri, Nov 28 2008, 12:37 pm
Quote:

B'H we are well, DS started smiling - but only in the mornings when he is well rested, fed, and clean! LOL.

Funny- same here!
What a choshuve name and yichus!

pinkbubbles

Post Sun, Nov 30 2008, 3:56 pm
oh no were not related to him, sorry if I made it sound like that!!

chaylizi

Post Sun, Nov 30 2008, 4:37 pm
Dovy smiled last night!!!!

My sil in bp had a boy today. I'd love to go to the bris, but I think I'm probably not going on a 12 hour car ride with 3 kids just for a bris.

tehilla, my kids are fine with dairy. I'm the one who can't tolerate it. I think it's plain milk though. I seem to be fine with cheese and yogurt.

Tehilla

Post Thu, Dec 11 2008, 7:05 pm
chaylizi wrote:
Dovy smiled last night!!!!

a belated mazel tov on the smile! Very Happy and the bris for your SIL.

what's doing? mine has a cold and double ear infection. I took him straight from the ped's office to the homeopath's office. didn't want to give antibiotics. B"H he's doing much better. all mine are in some stage of having a rough cold, B"H all on the upswing part I think/hope/pray.

other than that, he now weighs almost 11 lbs, and is 25 inches long from the 9lbs 4oz and 22 inches at birth. he's delicious and his smiles and responsive noises are so yummy and zees. my husband laughs when I have a whole conversation with the baby that consist solely of goos/coos/oohs/ahhs.

oh, and here's something funny. if I wait too long to nurse him, he gets really offended. so when I go to latch him on, he'll give me these offended noises and looks, and pop off quickly to make one or two more offended grunts and accusatory look before he'll go back on. and it's been observed by others (friends)...so I know it isn't just me thinking that LOL.

chaylizi

Post Fri, Dec 12 2008, 1:36 pm
well, my nephew's name is Duvid. so now we have Dovy & Duvy, with the same last name, born 5 weeks apart. my other sil had a girl the next day (her first girl after a whole bunch of boys).

we just went through infirmary week here. lizi had strep & got banished to my parents' for several days & the younger two had nasty colds.

My son was 10 lbs 1 oz this week & 21.5 inches. up from 6 lbs 5 oz & 19.75 in at birth. I think my milk has superpowers.

and of course we have reflux (like the rest of the brood). he was choking & gagging pretty badly when I nursed & would spit up lots of undigested milk. it was fun. so we're on zantac. it seems to be helping.

other than that everything is good. I'm practically still pregnant. I nurse exclusively, babywear & cosleep. the only time I put him down is to shower (and I'm sure other new mothers know how often that is)

pinkbubbles

Post Sun, Jan 11 2009, 12:03 pm
So how is everyone doing??

I'm sleepwalking most of the time, he wakes up every 3-4 hours at night and I could get 8 (not straight) hours of sleep but I'm still exhausted all the time! I don't know what I did when he woke up every 2 hours!
I'm trying a special 'night formula' after dr. approval. I hope I can get at least 5 hours of sleep tonight and feel normal!!

Anyhow DS is super cute, growing fast - I already packed away the newborn sizes.. so sad : (
He is very aware and loves when I am near him! (of course) he needs lots of attention and stimulation.
We were co sleeping til now, and we are slowly moving him to a crib in our room. It feels weird to sleep on my own! I'm free to move around in my bed suddenly LOL

chaylizi

Post Sun, Jan 11 2009, 12:22 pm
we packed away the newborn & the 0-3 month sizes already. ds is a nice little chunky monkey. we still cosleep, but he wakes up less during the night. we're certainly very smily these days too. he's definitely becoming more of a person & less of an adorable little blob. he's not a newborn anymore, that's for sure.

zigi

Post Sun, Jan 11 2009, 1:24 pm
Tehilla wrote:

he's delicious and his smiles and responsive noises are so yummy and zees. my husband laughs when I have a whole conversation with the baby that consist solely of goos/coos/oohs/ahhs.

oh, and here's something funny. if I wait too long to nurse him, he gets really offended. so when I go to latch him on, he'll give me these offended noises and looks, and pop off quickly to make one or two more offended grunts and accusatory look before he'll go back on. and it's been observed by others (friends)...so I know it isn't just me thinking that LOL.

that is so cute! I love it when they talk and respond! they are little people now.

chaylizi

Post Thu, Mar 12 2009, 2:43 pm
SO, how are everyone's babies doing? My son is HUGE (at least I think so, the scale says he's only 50th percentile for both height and weight). He's smily and he giggles when he's in the mood. He's slept in his pack n play, like three whole times already. He still loves his swing & his little playmat with the arches. He has all this curly hair on the top and sides of his head & he is almost totally bald in back. It's so funny. He's working on turning over. Hoping he'll get there soon.

anyway, here's dovy-

chaylizi

Post Fri, Mar 13 2009, 9:12 am
No other mommies from the club with updates?

chaylizi

Post Sun, Oct 04 2009, 9:07 pm
So it's October/Tishrei baby birthday time! How's our club doing?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Oct 04 2009, 10:44 pm
Well, since many of you decided to lessen your imamother postings, we'll see how much feedback you get Smile

chaylizi

Post Sun, Oct 04 2009, 10:48 pm
We didn't need a pregnancy support group after they were born. But I'm all nostalgic now that they are all almost 1. Someone will respond, I hope... Wink
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics