Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
You are all invited to the annual Kite Festival in my yishuv

chanchy123

Post Fri, Oct 02 2009, 6:07 am
I'm posting this on the general section and not the Israel section because I'm assuming some non-Israeli posters may be in Israel during chag and are looking for something different to do on Chol Hamoed.
You are all invited to come out to Pnei Kedem in Gush Etzyon and enjoy a day of kite flying and tons of fun activity and entertainment for the entire family (kosher food and succah available on premisis).

All imamothers who make it out to us are invited to our Succah (providing I'm still around and haven't given birth yet).
So mark the date Thursday, October 8, כ תשרי

Please PM me if you are planning on coming and I will give you directions to our Succah.
http://www.pneikedem.org/site/.....81938

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Oct 02 2009, 6:59 am
Smile chanchy, we are hoping to come to the kite festival. my husband looooooooves kite flying and we have tried to come every year for the past three years and something always came up, but we really are going to try this year Smile I have heard that it is a lot of fun.

shabri

Post Fri, Oct 02 2009, 8:15 am
We loved the Offafaniada. We went last yr and had a great time. This yr DH has to work some days of Chol Hamoed and I told him he can't work on Thursday b/c we have to go back. We have our kite all ready.

Chanchy, Do you know if there will be a bus from Jerusalem like last yr? Last yr we had a car so we drove but alas this yr we don't. Is there a more detailed website.

Would love to see people there

ps just so ppl know, there is lots to do there not just kite flying and its great fun for the kiddies

Mommy F.

Post Fri, Oct 02 2009, 8:27 am
Sounds cute! Please post pictures of all the kites!

Seraph

Post Fri, Oct 02 2009, 8:35 am
Chanchy, how long you living there? I was at the kite festival there 4-5 years ago. Were you living there then?

Tamiri

Post Fri, Oct 02 2009, 8:39 am
Give my regards to Aliza and Yoni B. We tried coming out there a couple of years ago but had to turn back because of traffic. Went to the Herodion instead, which was amazing (although probably not as amazing as your kite festival)

chanchy123

Post Mon, Oct 05 2009, 6:06 pm
We've only been living in the yishuv for the past year or so.
Yeah, there is tons of stuff to do with kids or without at the festival. There are arts and crafts a magic show and plenty more.
I think this year there is going to be a bus from Efrat but there is the Egged bus. Please PM me if you are interested in a bus from Yerushalayim and I'll see what info I can find.
Also, if you're planning on coming I'd love to host you in our succah (we've been at my parents since friday and are only coming home tomorrow evening so I'd really like to get the most out of our Succah, any guests are more than welcome - again, providing I'm still around - I've just about had enough and am only 37 weeks + along).
Tamiri, it seems that everyone I know is somehow friends with the B family, why am I not surprised that you know them as well. The year you came was also the year my parents came (before we were living there) - now there are new traffic arangments and eveything is a lot more efficient, there should be no traffic trouble, even though more people come every year.
Not only that - but for any of you who has been to the yishuv in the past - the road is being renovated!!!
If anyone teaches me how to post photos on this site I'll be sure to do it IY"H (almost a year on this site, and I still can't get the hanf of that).
So Moadim Lesimcha everyone and I'm looking forward to seeing you.

greenfire

Post Mon, Oct 05 2009, 6:09 pm
sounds like a ton of FUN !!!

chanchy123

Post Mon, Oct 05 2009, 6:21 pm
greenfire wrote:
sounds like a ton of FUN !!!

I'm sure if you hurry you'll still be able to find a ticket and get here by Thirsday, we'll get out our best Cheers for you.

chanchy123

Post Wed, Oct 07 2009, 12:11 pm
OK, I'm bumping this for the last time.
I still haven't recieved any PMs - but I'd love to know if any imamothers are going to be there.
We will be having an open Succah since many friends and relatives are supposed to come by and I'd love to meet anyof you guys in person.
It should be lots of fun, my kids can't wait.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics