Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Protein Shakes- Vitamins-etc.....

amother

Post Wed, Oct 21 2009, 10:05 am
Does anyone give their children ( age 10 and up) any type of protein shakes or add protein powder to their food in the morning. I feel that my 12 year old does not have the time to ewat a healthy ehough breakfast with enough protein to get him through the day. he leaves early to minyan and thenm eats breakfast in the car on the way to shul. I was looking into some protein shakes but not sure which ones taste the best ( I need to convince him to take it) and which ones are the best in terms of vitamin supplements.

any info is appreciated

thanks

amother

Post Wed, Oct 21 2009, 8:03 pm
bump

Happy Mom

Post Wed, Oct 28 2009, 12:54 am
Sorry, no experience with protein powders and shakes. They aren't a good idea nutritionally - why not whiz up a smoothie for him that he can drink in the car? You can add lot of different things according to his taste preferences (milk, fruit, yogurt, peanut butter,etc). It will be just as quick for him to eat but will be much more beneficial to him that powders filled with sugar and other ingredients artificially concocted in a laboratory.

Since he has time to eat in the car, there are lots of typical breakfast foods that you can make for him also. Actually, a twelve year old can neatly and quickly eat just about everything I can think of serving for breakfast!

amother

Post Wed, Oct 28 2009, 12:58 am
It's just as quick to take a couple spoonfuls of peanut butter before running out or a hardboiled egg or two in a ziploc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children