Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Grossed from protein. what to do?

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 12:37 pm
how do you diet if you dont like protein?
I don't mind the taste but my senses cant stand textures. I get grossed out from too many things which makes eating protein really hard.
like the fat between layers of salmon, veins or tendons in chicken breasts, egg whites, jelly in turkey cold cuts... I feel like a baby.
am I abnormal?

mummiedearest

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 12:41 pm
I wouldn’t call it normal as an adult, but it is what it is. What forms of protein can you tolerate? If you don’t like egg whites, eat egg yolks! Can you eat whole eggs if scrambled well? Blended with something else and made into pancakes? How are you with cheeses? Beef? Crispy chicken wings? Yogurt? Boiled chicken in soup? Does preparing it raw affect your ability to eat it once cooked?

Comptroller

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 12:45 pm
amother OP wrote:
how do you diet if you dont like protein?
I don't mind the taste but my senses cant stand textures. I get grossed out from too many things which makes eating protein really hard.
like the fat between layers of salmon, veins or tendons in chicken breasts, egg whites, jelly in turkey cold cuts... I feel like a baby.
am I abnormal?

You know, people should find the kind of nutrition that suits them.

So why not try many veggies and whole grain, and protein only if you feel you need it, in a form you like.

People also achieved dieting success with low-intensity carbs: veggies, raw and cooked, fruits, whole grain, plus the protein as you need and like them.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 12:47 pm
Comptroller wrote:
You know, people should find the kind of nutrition that suits them.

So why not try many veggies and whole grain, and protein only if you feel you need it, in a form you like.

People also achieved dieting success with low-intensity carbs: veggies, raw and cooked, fruits, whole grain, plus the protein as you need and like them.

I wish. WW of the past 2 years was amazing with this and I lost so nicely. then they went and changed it to animal protein based and bam, I gained 20 lbs.

but I'm hungry. there's only so much canned chic peas I can eat.

I'm also frustrated with my level of disgust of the most basic foods. it's really bothering me.

amother
Obsidian

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 12:51 pm
Im the poster who gets nauseous from animal protein and fat. I can handle it in small amounts with carbs to calm my stomach.

Comptroller

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 1:05 pm
amother OP wrote:
I wish. WW of the past 2 years was amazing with this and I lost so nicely. then they went and changed it to animal protein based and bam, I gained 20 lbs.

but I'm hungry. there's only so much canned chic peas I can eat.

I'm also frustrated with my level of disgust of the most basic foods. it's really bothering me.

I'm not talking about canned chickpeas.

What I did was:
Breakfast: Müesli: oats, plain youghurt, fresh seasonal fruits (strawberries, blueberries, nectarines, apple, pears, peaches, apricots, cherries, mango, plums, oranges, mandarines, etc) plus a little bit of almonds/nuts plus a coffee with milk

For lunch/dinner:
First course: veggie soup or salad

Main course:
stir fry (with or without rice) or
veggie omelett (mushrooms or broccoli, or mixed veggies) with a little bit of sourdough whole grain rye bread or
tuna patties with oats & salad or
White fish in tomato sauce with mushrooms and rice
etc.

The idea is that you fill up with veggies that have a low calorie density, but eat either protein or more intense carb so that you won't be hungry in a short time.

But maybe you did not come here to ask for a solution, but to demonstrate how impossible it is for you to find a solution. So good luck with your endeavour

Last edited by Comptroller on Thu, May 02 2024, 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Navyblue

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 1:06 pm
Plant based
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise