Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Sleep training... again!

amother

Post Sun, Dec 13 2009, 11:02 pm
I have an almost 12-month-old son. He has been sleeping through the night since 2 months old; we moved him into his own room at 4 months; he has been falling asleep on his own since 6 months.

Now, at 11 months, he suddenly began resisting. I don't put him to bed until he is tired, usually. His bedtime has been around 7 - 7:30. He learned how to sit himself up in his crib, but does not know how to lie himself back down. He cries the minute he thinks I am leaving the room, let alone if he dozes off for a minute and then finds me gone. It is 11 PM, DH is in there with him trying to get him quiet, but he is still half babbling, half crying.

When we trained him to fall asleep on his own earlier, we did a combination of CIO and Ferber. The first night I stayed near his crib, not picking him up. The second night I let him cry for 5 minutes, then went into his room, told him I loved him, but it is time to go to sleep now, and left. The third night I went in every ten minutes, and the fourth and fifth nights also (I never let him cry more than 10 minutes at a time). After a week, I would put him into the crib, say shema with him, and leave. He would quietly fall asleep within 10 minutes.

I don't know what to do with him now! Any advice?

(Anon because I've been posting about this on FB.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics