Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Do you sleep with your baby?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

chavamom

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 4:27 pm
Don't sleep with the baby in the crook of your arm?

Tova

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 5:05 pm
That's the only way I have felt safe doing it.

My bed is not next to a wall (it's the only way the room set-up works) and I need to know there is no way the baby can roll off. I don't like the bed rails; I feel like they can be a suffocation hazard in their own right.

gold21

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 7:13 pm
tova, I dont think that the baby is safer in the crook of your arm or on your stomach. maybe just sleep side by side, try it!

amother

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 7:24 pm
I have slept will all ten of my children and have never had anyone fall out of the bed. Honestly, do some people get up at night and put their baby someplace else? How many times a night do you do this? I sleep so well from day one since we just start on one side and alternate all night. I don't really wake up, I just do the transfer when I'm sleeping.

I recommend co-sleeping to every new mother!

elkie

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 11:24 pm
I co-sleeped with 7 kids for about 2 years each till I finished breastfeeding. Even with twins. And yes I remember, some of my babies fell out out of the bed. But here what I did... While they were still small, I put bed rail all around my bed. It really looked like a huge crib. I have a full size bed. When they were starting to crawl and sit down, even in the middle of the night, I put on the floor around my bed huge pillows from the couch. Sure, my room didn't look pretty, but for my piece of mind it was well worth it.

gold21

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 11:38 pm
its interesting, I cant imagine a baby falling off a bed due to cosleeping. yes I have had my older son fall off the bed quite a few times unfortunately, as a result of horsing around on it. I felt very bad about it. BH hes already three and a half so he BH is a bit past the falling off stage. my younger son fell off the bed I think once, when I was diapering him and he lurched. anyways, never happened at night when cosleeping! Baby ALWAYS sleeps towards the wall, and the bed has to be pushed flush up against it. A baby never belongs on the other side of the bed at night. And my kids sleep at night BH, they dont crawl around, its in middle of the night! Anyways I wouldnt cosleep past a certain age. (18 mnths or so would likely be my max) So, how could a baby fall of a bed when cosleeping if you stick to the appropriate guidelines??

shev

Post Sun, Nov 29 2009, 5:37 pm
I slept with babt till he was 2 months old and then someone told me a story of how she killed her baby by rolling over onto him while sleeping so that shook me up & from them I dont do it anymore

ven

Post Thu, Dec 03 2009, 4:30 pm
my 11month old sleeps next to my bed in his own bed . think its very cosy this way Smile

Marz613

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 1:43 am
no. I did with DD1, but she fell off the bed, and with DD2, one time DD1 came into the bed and lay down on the baby and we couldnt find her. it was very scary. I never did after that and for my third child, I got a basinette/cosleeper and it has worked great! he is right next to me but not in my bed. much safer, no falling out, rolling onto him....

Isramom8

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 1:52 am
I never got the hang of slepping with a baby in my bed for more than a few minutes at a time. I did have my babies in a crib next to my bed. My youngest used an Arm's Reach co-sleeper - that was great! Now he is 3, and still in our room in his own transition bed. It is pretty cosy! Our 7 year old comes in sometimes with a pillow and blanket and sleeps on the carpet.

There are ways to cosleep safely in tha same bed - I wrote these articles;
Safe Cosleeping
Benefits of Cosleeping

(Not sure if I posted it yet on this thread.)
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics