Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
AAHHHHH bathtime trauma advice needed

rainbow baby

Post Tue, Dec 01 2009, 4:58 pm
My 1 year old has all of a sudden started to hate the bath. He hears the water running and goes mad, screams, shouts, kicks his legs, it awful. He used to love the bath but no longer. what on earth am I suppost to do with him, advice is needed, thanks.

Also is it normal that around 1 year old they start to have tantrums. Over the last few days he keeps getting himself really angry screaming and lies there on the floor kicking his legs and rolling around, there;s absoluetly nothing we can do with him.

pacifier

Post Tue, Dec 01 2009, 5:07 pm
maybe he had a bath that was too warm or too cold, or got water on his face? Try to figure out when he started being scared of the bath, you might find out what's the cause.
What I did when I moved and the bathtub was slippery. My 15 months old wouldn't get back in the bath, so I got those foam letters and he could only play with them in the bath.
I held him on top of the water so he could play, and after a few minutes he went in the bath.

esther25

Post Tue, Dec 01 2009, 5:09 pm
I had that too. At one point my 13 month old would scream at bathtime when it used to be one of her favorite pasttimes. But it took a day or two,and then we were back to happy bath time. It might have been the water was too hot/cold,or soap went into the eyes...

Motheroftwins

Post Tue, Dec 01 2009, 5:18 pm
My daughter hates the bath...she screams going in, and when im soaping her up. she is only quiet while she plays. she hates the shampoo, she hates when I pour water over her head. it scares me cuz she tried to get away from me while I clean her, and many times has swallowed water til she threw up, hit her head on the faucet or walls, fell into the tub, and sometimes trying to climb out. is this normal? she doesnt like being touched in general - when I cut her nails, change her diaper, even brush her hair she screams bloody murder...did anyone ever have this w their kid??

csb

Post Tue, Dec 01 2009, 7:41 pm
I had this once with dd- all of a sudden she hated the bath - try to pay attention if he is pulling at his ears, because with dd I found out a day later that she had an ear infection and the water was hurting her ears when I washed her hair. This could also explain his tantrums and bad moods- I think it is definitely worth checking out.

sky

Post Tue, Dec 01 2009, 8:22 pm
I agree with trying to remember when they started disliking the bath. With ds1 it was when he had an accident in the bathtub and refused to go in.
I went in with him into the empty bathtub and we played there like that a little just not to be scared of it.
I also let him take baths in either a diaper or underpants and he felt more secure. He did that for a long time before I got him used to going without it.

rainbow baby

Post Mon, Dec 21 2009, 7:03 pm
To update, finally after 3 weeks he decided tonight that baths are really not to bad and he sat down and enjoyed splashing and getting everything wet LOL!!!! Thanks for the advice everyone.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics