Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
How much do I charge?? help!!

Soph

Post Wed, Dec 16 2009, 7:37 am
Hello everyone! I need help asap! I just started making salads and dips for a seudat shlishit every shabat, the hing is the group im doing it for pays for the ingredients, now I have to charge for my work but hoooowwwwww do ido that? how do I know how much to charge??? a percentage of the cost of the ingredients? if so how much %?? im soooo mixed up I need help!

mom23

Post Wed, Dec 16 2009, 9:13 am
If you are charging for labor then I would charge based on time and effort put into the product. They are already paying for the ingredients, but there is the time and effort of shopping, preparing and plating the food that can be taken into consideration.

Just my 2 cents.

Bella:D

Post Wed, Dec 16 2009, 10:04 am
You should charge for your work based on how long it took you to make the salads and how much work you had to put in. a reasonable amount I think is 15$ an hour or so. Although it depends on how hard you work do get this done, if it is very hard work you could charge more.

shanie5

Post Wed, Dec 16 2009, 9:51 pm
Are u using any of your own ingredients? like spices? what about the containers they are put in? Do u have to cook anything-so that u are using your gas or electricity?
And how much do u want to get paid per hour?
Figure all this out, and u can come up with a price.

Feel free to pm me for specifics.

myfriends715

Post Thu, Dec 17 2009, 12:15 am
im a private chef so I do this all the time.. there are a few ways you can charge

either by teh hr ($40 per hr is fairly standard)
or 2x the food cost. (if u would buy the food than u would 3x it)

TwinsMommy

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 11:46 pm
if you're cooking in their kitchen you're ok but if you're cooking in your own kitchen check with your state-- you might not be allowed to charge anything--- in my state you can't cook for profit in your own kitchen-- you'd need a separate commercial kitchen. And for a once a week ss gig, building a stand alone kitchen is going to be way too costly.

If it were me I'd do that as a chessed rather than try for a profit and risk getting in trouble (if it were my kitchen..... if it's THEIR kitchen, it's another story).

What types of salads and dips? Now I'm hungry.

greenfire

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 11:57 pm
charge whatever you want ... based on how much effort, time & monies expended ...

nightingale

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 2:13 am
When you are done with all the figuring, just remember that you do have to be competitive with the other ready made salads out there. People may be willing to pay a little more for home-made vs. commerical, but you still need to be reasonable. And if after all your figuring, you still come out cheaper, charge at least as much ;-)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers