Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Homeschooling
Do you need to register for homeschooling? How?

amother

Post Tue, Dec 29 2009, 5:40 pm
So school is just not for our son - well the one he is in now. We would like to homeschool him and send him to a different school next year, but they wont take kids in the middle of the year. SO- how do I register him, or whatever I have to do? I am in NYC. Thanks!

neshermom

Post Wed, Dec 30 2009, 9:43 am
although we did begin to homeschool when we lived in NY, I'm not up on current regulations, but...
since it's mid-year, how about just experiencing it over the next few months to check it out?

Jay3fer

Post Wed, Dec 30 2009, 12:07 pm
You don't mention how old your son is. If he's young enough, I agree with the pp... just bring him home. However, if he's officially school age, you will have to check to see what your local laws are. Sorry, I'm not familiar with these. If it was May, I'd say bring him home no matter what. What are they going to do about a month here or there? BUT since there's still half a year left, you need to be sure you don't run into trouble.

Sorry I can't be more helpful!

alpidarkomama

Post Thu, Dec 31 2009, 3:02 am
Here's a link to the laws:

http://homeschooling.gomilpita.....Y.htm

Double-check with the school superintendent office to make sure all of this is up-to-date.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Homeschooling