Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Homeschooling
Homeschooling

amother
OP

Post Sat, Sep 09 2023, 9:38 pm
Does anyone know people in lakewood homeschooling for age 3. Looking for like minded parents who have this age home so we can create a social for them. Any leads?

amother
NeonOrange

Post Sat, Sep 09 2023, 11:04 pm
This age isn’t considered homeschooling really. But I’m looking for a group for an older 2 yr old so if you wanna homeschool my kid with yours, lemme know Smile

smz

Post Sat, Sep 09 2023, 11:12 pm
True it's not considered homeschooling yet:). Are you looking for a playgroup for her? I might know of a place. I've had ppl ask me in the past about taking their kids, and while I love kids, love being able to go at my kids pace and schedule and not anything official;)

#BestBubby

Post Sat, Sep 09 2023, 11:37 pm
There is something called

Merry-go-round for preschool age

Where there is a group of mothers and each mother
Takes a day/turn to be the Morah.

smz

Post Sat, Sep 09 2023, 11:51 pm
Thanks I've been trying to find out more about this. Any info of who I can contact

amother
Papaya

Post Sat, Sep 09 2023, 11:56 pm
Age 3 is not homeschooling.... some of my kids were home with me till age 4. By the time they started kindergarten, they knew davening, brachos, weekly parsha, yomim tovim, colors, shapes, numbers, alphabets, alef beis, cutting skills and more.

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 2:31 am
I'm using the Busy Toddler's Playing Preschool for my 2.5 year old. The way people talk about me keeping her home this year, instead of sending to maon, you'd think it was homeschooling!

amother
Dimgray

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 7:59 am
Lakewood overall is severely lacking in any "mommy and me" type things. Even for under 1yos when you'll find a good amount of people still keeping their babies home.

You might find better if you structure something and take out an ad in the BP but kids home at 3 in Lakewood is really not typical

smz

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 8:46 am
Thanks I'm going to check out busy toddler playing preschool thanks! That's the reason I call it homeschool cuz people think having your kids home at 3 is doing nothing and shleping them around, when we are going so many places ans learning so much. Farm, aquarium, library, train station, gymboree, sensory room...

It's true it seems like here many people have they're children out from early. I notice like u said doesn't seem to be a big population of ppl keeping kids home. Out of town most 3 yr old places are half day not full day like here. I guess there's a different demand. No judgment everyone does what works for them. Wish people would have no judgment the other way too

Thanks for all the input and ideas

amother
NeonOrange

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 3:29 pm
smz wrote:
Thanks I'm going to check out busy toddler playing preschool thanks! That's the reason I call it homeschool cuz people think having your kids home at 3 is doing nothing and shleping them around, when we are going so many places ans learning so much. Farm, aquarium, library, train station, gymboree, sensory room...

It's true it seems like here many people have they're children out from early. I notice like u said doesn't seem to be a big population of ppl keeping kids home. Out of town most 3 yr old places are half day not full day like here. I guess there's a different demand. No judgment everyone does what works for them. Wish people would have no judgment the other way too

Thanks for all the input and ideas

I’ve been “homeschooling” my toddler this summer and now for September. So far we’ve done lots of crafts indoors and outdoors, baked cookies- shaping and decorating, we’ve gone to a farm, exercise songs (Morah music), urban air, playgrounds, kiddy pool and sprinkler in the yard, etc.
I’ve started talking to my kid about the upcoming yomim tovim and plan to make rosh hashana cards for grandparents this week. We listened to uncle Moishy songs about rosh hashana and spoke about tashlich and doing a lot of mitzvos to make Hashem proud. We’ll prob also make some sort of honey dish or something.
We do a davening CD in the morning and sing along. He helps me prep his food and he has his own shopping wagon for when we go shopping.
Homeschooling this age is a full time job tbh.

I’m still looking for a group though for when I go back to work…
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Homeschooling