Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
DRY scalp/cradle cap?

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Jan 10 2010, 10:53 am
Ds is almost 11 months old and his head is so dry and flaky! Puke

I did what it says to do in the books - oil his head for 15 minutes and then shampoo is off, and if anything, it's gotten worse. What do I do?

Can it be bothering him? They say, usually not, but it could itch. He's not trying to itch his hed, but he's been very kvetchy lately - much more than normal.

Anyone have this? Any tips? TIA

MiracleMama

Post Sun, Jan 10 2010, 10:56 am
DS had awful case and I used olive oil. I was told to leave it on a long while and then use fine comb to brush through - all the icky stuff starts to come off. It took a while but it did work.

Just wanted to add that this was for newborn, not older baby. But I wouldn't think that should make any difference.

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Jan 10 2010, 7:20 pm
MiracleMama wrote:
DS had awful case and I used olive oil. I was told to leave it on a long while and then use fine comb to brush through - all the icky stuff starts to come off. It took a while but it did work.

Just wanted to add that this was for newborn, not older baby. But I wouldn't think that should make any difference.

Thanks, I did that. Any other suggestions?

Yulka

Post Sun, Jan 10 2010, 8:44 pm
I have the same problem. My ds is 4 months. I did the comb and oil too. It was messy, some hair came out with it, and it took a while to wash off. It worked for about a week, and then the flaky dry skin came back. I hope somebody has a solution that will last a little longer.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics