Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Why does my baby smell so good????
Previous  1  2

pobody's nerfect

Post Thu, Dec 31 2009, 10:29 am
my baby (formula fed) only smells good right after his bath. his hair gets an icky smell, and his neck rolls are always full of a combination of formula drippings and spit up. I'm jealous of those of you who have sweet smelling babies!

Flowerfield

Post Fri, Jan 15 2010, 4:41 am
I wish my baby smelt yummy! His mouth is always sweet (except after having fish) but his head is yucky like old man sweat! My husband loves the smell. I heard that cradle cap can smell funny but he doesn't have it bad at all...

Aribenj

Post Fri, Jan 15 2010, 4:26 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:
Their little neshomas were just in gan eden learning Torah....they still smell so heavenly bc it's leftover--there's Torah references to good smell being associated with Gan Eden. Smile (That's my own hypothesis)

ITA with this. In fact, when my 1st was born I wanted to check the hypothesis and the first thing I did when they placed her on my tummy (before even looking at her or actually knowing she was a girl) was to smell her head. And believe it or not, despite the gunk, blood and amniotic fluid all over her, she smelled AMAZING! I always thought baby smell was the shampoo, but that proved to me it wasn't.

TriesToBePerfectMom wrote:
Scientifically, does it have to do with them getting their mother's smell from pregnancy and being in mothers' womb?

Also. I read that babies are attatched to their mother's smell because the amniotic fluid is made of a mixture of the baby's and the mother's smell. So it's familiar to them. In the same way, their scent is familiar to us because they're born smelling like... us!

amother

Post Sat, Jan 16 2010, 12:47 pm
every person has a smell and I once heard that if the mother smelled good when delivering her baby her child will have a good smell

chocolate fondue

Post Sat, Jan 16 2010, 4:22 pm
My baby is over a year now, and she smells like my DH. I love it! But for some reason, I never liked that new-born amniotic fluid smell, even though she was born really clean (my waters broke just before I started pushing.) Go figure.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics